Selecting a hosting company

Discussion area for and about AbleCommerce hosting and development providers. If you provide AbleCommerce services let our users know.
Tommy
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Selecting a hosting company

Post by Tommy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:59 pm

I am new to eCommerce. I need to select a hosting company to host my site. I am looking at either DiscountASP or CrystalTech. Anyone have any insights into either of these or a better choice?

Also, will the standard hosting packages allow me to run the install package for Able?

AbleOne
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by AbleOne » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:45 am

I think I can offer you a better solution! We are AWCS.net, an Able Commerce Hosting and Development partner. All we do is Able Commerce. If you would like to call me to discuss your needs further I would enjoy speaking with you.

Randy Ford
Owner
AWCS.net
949-862-2040 Direct
Randy Ford
Randy@AbleCommerceHosting.com
949-544-7170 Direct
949-246-9921

gjaros
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by gjaros » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:12 am

I agree with Randy. Your best solution would be to go with a hosting provider that is familiar with AbleCommerce.

At Web 2 Market we both host and develop AbleCommerce sites running on the ColdFusion platform. If you're interested in our services, contact Brad at 708-361-9068 x201.

But whatever you decide, you'll really appreciate the efficiency of going with a hosting provider that is familiar with AbleCommerce.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:24 am

I doubt if a standard hoster will let you run the Able .exe for security reasons and because of their lack of familiarity with Able. I did an upgrade to a store and I had to copy everything up via ftp since they wouldn't let me run the .exe. We have our own servers, but the ISP that manages them won't host an Able store on one of their other servers, even though they are familiar with the way Able works now.