Several Sites to critique

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
gjaros
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Several Sites to critique

Post by gjaros » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:36 pm

I've been working on developing several AbleCommerce CFMX sites with the development versions. Please check them out and let me know if you see any blaring issues.

Territorial Seed Company: http://209.242.28.35/ter/stores/1/ - Ready to Go Live - Lots of customizations

Your Elephant: http://www.yourelephant.com - Ready to Go live - minimum customization

UncleMatty: http://209.242.28.36/dog/stores/1/ - Still in Development - Wwaiting for a new main page and for products to be entered in all categories. Also, some links aren't working yet.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Thanks for the CFMX 5.2 Beta Examples!

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:06 pm

Hello George,

Thanks for the 5.2 beta cfmx examples, looks like things are moving along nicely after our battle with the licensing issues!

On the elephant site, the yellow text in the upper right hand corner. 'Home Page' etc. Could likely be dropped a font size as it currently is 'commanding' too much attention of the eye.

On the basket page on yourelephant.com the dark alternating row color of items seems a bit too dark, with the black text and could potentially be hard to see on some laptop screens.

The territorial seed site is coming along nicely, I see lots of areas that have been customized for your customer.. Looks like it's going to be a nice site.

I like the layout of the Uncle Matty site, one quick note about the underlined text on the home page in the following paragraph (below). I'd either drop the underline or link it to these special areas as I right away tried to click these un-clickable links (underlined text).
From the best-selling, train-along 'Basic Training Video Set' to Uncle Matty's 'Complete Video Library Special' you'll enjoy hours of helpful how-to information and problem solvers.
The url is missing the store path, for the 'uncle matty's home' link and causes a login prompt...But If you put the store templates into the root of the store which is best, it should start working just fine.

I'd get the store templates move to the root of the store domain as soon as possible so that any hardcoded links are created are right from the start.

Look's like you're getting a nice handle on the layout of the new templates, I hope you've found it to be easier to work with than the old 4.3 templates?

Keep up the good work and thanks again for helping during the Beta process of AbleCommerce 5.2 CFMX!!!
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook