NC Software is now running AC 7

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

NC Software is now running AC 7

Post by NC Software » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:53 pm

After a full month effort I'm glad to finally release the new NC Software web site using AC 7. Prior site was using AC 5 (AbleNet). The design goal of the new site was simplicity! Find what you need, get in, get out. So the artistic flair was sacrificed for simplicity as well as the colors (or lack thereof) for readability and brevity.

Many thanks to the AC team for the challenges crossed during development and rapid responses to the bumps in the road. AC 7 has a very steep learning curve both in development as well as implementation but it will pay off after a little effort for those beginning the process. I hope the AC team will invest a lot more time into the documentation as this is a huge product that really needs a lot of study.

Feel free to check out my site and provide any feedback, critique, problems found, etc.

http://www.nc-software.com

Thank you.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

kens
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Re: NC Software is now running AC 7

Post by kens » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Nice, clean, simple layout.

Easy navigation.

Good luck!

Ken

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by calvis » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:56 am

Not too flashy, but straight to the point that is how I categorize the site. The site doesn't overwhelm the customer but tools are there if they so desire to pursue them. I did get lost in the help system by clicking on get assistance in the site map while on a product page. When I decided I did not want that I clicked on home only to fine out that was home for the help system. Online store was on the opposite side of the menu bar. That might confuse an user.

I did find one dead link:

http://videos.logbookpro.com/2100%20-%2 ... Entry.html

I did a quick search on YouTube to see if your videos are listed in there, and did not find any. (at least by the searches I used) You are missing a great marketing opportunity by not having videos listed in there. You must have 7 plus hours of content there. If you don't want to put the videos on YouTube I would suggest cleaning up the url of the videos to make them more readable.

Also you are missing another marketing opportunity by not having a IPhone logbook app. Of course this means having to lay aside your MS tools (instead learn objective c) and giving control to Apple for distribution. But it is a market niche that you might think about pursuing. As the popularity of the IPhone increases you will see more and more big names gravitate to that phone.

Just my 2 cents.
Able Customer Since 1999 Currently Running on GOLD R12 SR1 and PCI Certified.

gjaros
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by gjaros » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Looks good Neal! Just one little thing that annoyed me a bit... Your News panel scrolls up, meaning if someone hasn't finished reading something (either they're slow, or just noticed it) it's gone before they have a chance to finish. I'd recommend having it scroll down so that things don't disappear...

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by NC Software » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:36 pm

Thanks for the feedback George. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to use for News and where, and of course the implementation. You can put your mouse over it and it stops scrolling. FYI
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

gjaros
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by gjaros » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:49 am

NC Software wrote:You can put your mouse over it and it stops scrolling. FYI
Mouseover didn't stop it from scrolling in either Firefox or Safari... Didn't try other browsers.