M-Clip.com

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
dustyyy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

M-Clip.com

Post by dustyyy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:39 pm

First attempt at using AbleCommerce or asp.net in general. Thanks to everyone who helped answer any questions I had along the way.

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: M-Clip.com

Post by plugables » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:55 am

Excellent graphics.

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by draneb » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:58 pm

The site looks great!

Is that an "out of the box" category/sub-category leftnav or is that customized?
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

dustyyy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by dustyyy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:30 am

There was a little customization on the nav, but not much. It's using 2 different templates, 1 that shows the current selection's sub categories and another that loads all sub categories but uses css to hide them, then javascript to get the selected sub category's parent to display.

mdickinson
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by mdickinson » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Great Job! You definitely put in some hours getting this so custom.

XavierW
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by XavierW » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Those are some nice money clips. The site looks really good. The only thing that threw me off was three of the collections or series are located under 'Discovery Selection' on the side but separate in the lower picture windows. It's good that you show them separately in the pictures as I gravitate to the pictures first but if the customer is on a product page, the bottom pictures aren't there and they have to use the left side menu which hides some of the collections.
Xavier - What type of payroll software does everyone use?

RKS_213
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by RKS_213 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:19 pm

I know this is a very old thread, but maybe you will see it one day. My suggestion is not major and can be fix with CSS in about five minutes.

Right now you have a page shift and I would consider using some simple CSS to make sure your body always fills the browser and that a scrollbar is always present. This is done with easy 101% min-height or height on the body and overflow-y: scroll to make sure your vertical scrollbar will always be there.

For anyone wondering why this is, if you look at sites without these snippets of CSS, most likely they are going to be centered (this is 2012 after all) and unless they're running outdated AC out of the box they're going to be centering with margin: 0 auto. On a page with content below the fold there will be a vertical scrollbar that takes up x amount of px from the viewport. The remaining px in the viewport is what is divided to get a centered layout. When you navigate to a page without content below the fold, most modern browsers eliminate the vertical scrollbar. Now that x amount of px it takes up is factored back into the total viewport and that is now used to center the content. So what happens is that centered content will shift right and left between pages.

Like I said, not a major concern but from a design standpoint you have an excellent site and this one little thing makes me say it isn't as perfect as it could be.

Odettes
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by Odettes » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:10 pm

This is not an Ablecommerce site!
Sincerely,
Thomas Berglund

https://traileronline.se
AbleCommerce Gold R11 Custom

skaboot
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by skaboot » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 am

Yep, X-Cart. This thread should be deleted...