LisaLeonardOnline.com, migrated from Magento

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
sloDavid
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

LisaLeonardOnline.com, migrated from Magento

Post by sloDavid » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Extra features to note:
  • using the "featured" property to feature product on homepage
  • using kits to customize products, and modified how kitted items are displayed on the basket (e.g., Necklaces > You're the Cream in My Coffee necklace)
  • custom mini-cart in the top nav
  • added-to-basket popup
  • "view all" option for category paging
  • output of Wordpress RSS feed (transformed to HTML via XSL) in the left nav
  • product image frames
  • "more images" popup redesign

dappy2
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: LisaLeonardOnline.com, migrated from Magento

Post by dappy2 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:20 pm

That is a really well designed site. It seems very usable and interesting from a design/layout perspective. Looks like alot of work for the able theme. I'm also jealous that have wordpress running the blog - my IT dept. wouldn't load PHP onto the server.

A few minor comments of me being nit-picky:
The font-size might be a bit small. Granted I use a some large monitors but it was pretty tiny to me.

:hover states
There are some :hover states (color change, text underline) but they don't seem consistent - some do color change and/or text underline, page navigation (1, 2, 3) doesn't do anything but the cursor change. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a semi-big change on the buttons (add to cart, wishlist) like a reversing of fill the button blue and make the text white or similar.

You use red in places to call attention to some things but it seems like you could use the red in a few more spots to call attention to important things (add to cart, product price) vs say - the connect with us text under the facebook/twitter buttons?
added-to-basket popup
How'd you do that? I was thinking of having an actual Basket.aspx page popup but never got around to attempting it. I don't like the default non-redirect-to-basket Able functionality as I don't think people would notice it.

sloDavid

Re: LisaLeonardOnline.com, migrated from Magento

Post by sloDavid » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 pm

The added-to-basket popup is achieved by modifying the BuyProductDialog control in ConLib, adding a ModalPopup control within an UpdatePanel, and then triggering it after the add-to-cart is processed.

We've made additional updates since then:
  • Category page has translucent mouse-over w/ product info (activated via JS).
  • "More images" popup has been removed in favor of an in-page loader.
  • Gift options have been added to both the added-to-cart popup and the cart page itself.
  • Login and checkout/login are handled via modal popup instead of redirecting to a separate page.
  • Major U.I. adjustment of single-page checkout.
Any props on the design itself (which is sweet!) belong to a business partner. Although we do design, for this site our role is to make the programming and configuration changes necessary to implement the design.