audioMIDI.com v 5.5

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
grzyweasel
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

audioMIDI.com v 5.5

Post by grzyweasel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:30 pm

We are ready to launch our new version of audioMIDI.com built on Able 5.5 (was Able 3).

http://69.63.131.78/

Visually it is pretty much the same but the backend is totally rewritten. Its actually CF code running on Blue Dragon on top of the .NET version of Able. I'd be interested in what people experience in terms of performance.

Thanks
Brent Hoover
Development Manager
Brand New Websites LLC

fredm

Post by fredm » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:47 pm

The site looks really great. That's quite an interesting configuration that you have too. Switching from CFM to ASP in the basket is certainly something I haven't seen before.

grzyweasel
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by grzyweasel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:04 pm

Thanks Fred. Its a way of transitioning from CFMX to .NET. We even use the .NET objects in the CFMX pages. Very little hitting the db direct.

In our next visual redesign (end of 2nd quarter) we will build upon the .aspx pages and migrate out of CF completely. We just have a lot of custom built tools we didn't want to give up.

BTW, thanks to you and Katie and Mike for all the help and patience while I tried to figure out 5.5. I promise you will be hearing less from me for a while. :D
Brent Hoover
Development Manager
Brand New Websites LLC

gjaros
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by gjaros » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:07 pm

Very sleek looking site. Just curious why you didn't stick with ColdFusion throughout the entire site?

grzyweasel
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by grzyweasel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:12 pm

We are building an entire Order Tracking/CRM/Inventory Tracking/Purchasing system built upon the Able Framework. .NET just gave us the most complete set of Rapid Development tools and Prebuilt modules, cutting our projected development costs and time by about 60%. Not to sound like an ad for the Evil Empire, but there is just a lot of stuff out there already because the large market.

I wasn't really happy about it at first, but the numbers didn't lie. I still [heart] CF.
Brent Hoover
Development Manager
Brand New Websites LLC

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by NC Software » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:33 pm

Kudos to you Brent!!! Aesthetically pleasing...nice site all around!
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

Epoch Online
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by Epoch Online » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:21 am

Looks great but I think you stold those checkout buttons from my site! :P

dappy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by dappy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:41 pm

That site looks very nice and very organized.
I'd be interested in what people experience in terms of performance.
It was a little slow loading everything, especially when browsing the products. I think on dial-up it might be painful :? Maybe you could break up the products into pages? a 1, 2, 3, Next> type of thing? Also when I checked show thumbnails, some items didn't load a thumbnail, perhaps there could be a "No Image" text displayed becuase I found myself waiting for an image to load.

But again it looks very cool. Easy to navigate too.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:37 pm

Brent, you sound like me when I had to get rid of my Apple II and go to PCs. I never did use the old Apple to capacity because I didn't do much with graphics.

Newton
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by Newton » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:48 pm

Excellent customization on the site, I like how you've integrated reviews and tutorials with the look and feel of the site, It's very consistent. I did not notice the slow speeds noted in previous posts. I did encounter an error when I clicked the BMI Platinum Logo - the message said it was logged as bderror32139.html

I'll look you up when I'm looking for more toys for my ProTools setup!