Like a bird leaving the nest and finding Gravity

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
Greg
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Like a bird leaving the nest and finding Gravity

Post by Greg » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:49 am

If you have any time I need the advice. This is my first web site.
http://www.skiwarehouse.com/

Thanks Greg
Greg

grzyweasel
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by grzyweasel » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:31 pm

Greg, the product pages need descriptions. Not only does it show your potential customers what makes this particlar item special, it ups your Search Engine ranking. One of the reasons people like online shopping is the amount of clear information they can receive. Not just simple descriptions but the sort of marketing hooha the manufacturers probably have on their site.

Also you should either put in MSRP for the products or remove that from page.

Also there is no space between the price and USD which is petty but bugs me somehow.
Brent Hoover
Development Manager
Brand New Websites LLC

gjaros
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by gjaros » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:20 am

I agree with Brent. Also, your More Info pages should have the same format as your standard description pages. And if you only have a short extended description it would probably be best to include it with your standard description. Save the extended description field for extended details, reviews, aditional pictures, and other stuff that doesn't necessarily need to be on the main product page.

See http://www.skiwarehouse.com/K2-TNine-Bu ... 2C754.aspx for an example.

Also, your descriptions could benefit from some formatting. The rest of your site is bright and bold looking, but the descriptions are very blah. Keep working on it and you'll have a very sharp site.