Lots of critique needed. Be Brutal please.

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
Ben
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Lots of critique needed. Be Brutal please.

Post by Ben » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:49 pm

http://www.jeansrestaurantsupply.com

We have been live for quite some time (about 6 months). Virtually non existent in google and yahoo. I have submitted site maps but still no luck. I have been advised by SEO people my site architecture is no good, and my product url's are too long. The site really looked clean with white text, but since my background is white I learned that spiders find that deceiving (keywords stuffers and such) so I changed the style sheet to a funky orange and yellow...for now. In my defense, I inherited this website from someone else before me so I had to learn what ablecommerce was, how it worked and clean up the site optimization mess left to me. Hence my growing number of posts with all kinds of questions :lol: Been working on it for about 2 months now on my own trying to clean it up. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Clueless
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by Clueless » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:48 pm

One thing I would do is take the SKU out of the product title. That would shorten it up just a little.

grzyweasel
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by grzyweasel » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:25 pm

Based upon your description I expected a real mess but its a nice well laid out site thats easy to read. Well done.
Brent Hoover
Development Manager
Brand New Websites LLC