New Site - Please Comment

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
macmar
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

New Site - Please Comment

Post by macmar » Wed May 17, 2006 5:51 am

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by sweeperq » Wed May 17, 2006 11:07 am

Overall, it is pretty good.

My two concerns:
1) Some people find yellow backgrounds difficult to read on (usually the comment is that it is to bright/hard on the eyes)
2) There is not enough contrast for the purple used in the mouse-overs which makes the buttons difficult to read.

My suggestions would be to use white as the background color for your content area, and to try the purple used in the first baby ring of your banner for the mouse-overs (provides more contrast).

Also, if you are using the same background color on the category navigation, what do you think about getting rid of the borders on the menu so that the links look like text links? It should make it look cleaner.

Just my 2 cents.

~Sam

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by NC Software » Wed May 17, 2006 11:13 am

I think the site looks pretty good. Basic, but balanced. I didn't have a problem with the yellow background, although slightly with the red font for the price. What I suggest experimenting with is your style sheet and particular the fonts. I suggest a Verdana font series and then work with the weight and size.

Good luck with your new store.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

jcnh74
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Needs some work

Post by jcnh74 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:46 am

Site does not look symetrical. At least on Firefox. The banner is too short for the rest of the site. the edges of the product images do not line up with the purchase box. The navigation does not line up with the top of your product header. Colors do seam a bit off. Keeping good symetry helps customers understand your products better and navigate your site easier.