New Cart Launched

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
MCT2006
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

New Cart Launched

Post by MCT2006 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:29 am

Please tell us what you think. We are always open to suggestions.

http://www.ironworksbbq.com/
MarketCenter Technologies, Inc.
~ Able Commerce Premier Partner ~
http://www.marketcenter.net
general@marketcenter.net
877-513-0553
"The Right Fuel For Your Business"

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by NC Software » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:31 am

It looks good, now I'm hungry! :)

However, I can't get off the home page without triggering an error.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

MCT2006

Post by MCT2006 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:45 am

Can you provide a bit more info? I am not encountering the problem that you are.
general@marketcenter.net
877-513-0553

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by NC Software » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:15 am

Seems to be working now but the site is running very slow
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

MCT2006

Post by MCT2006 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:23 am

Thanks, Neal.
general@marketcenter.net
877-513-0553

gjaros
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by gjaros » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:00 am

Very nice site, however I would make one important addition to your footer...

Add the address, phone number, and hours of the restaurant and a link to the Contact Us page with the map. Just because you're selling your products doesn't mean you want to make it difficult for your customers to find the restaurant. It took me a few clicks before I could find out where the restaurant was located. A single line above the copyright would be sufficient. Or a short blurb and graphic in the left nav.

I'd also add this information to the restaurant menu page and the About Us page. Make it easy for your customers to find your location.

Great site design though. It looks delicious.

gjaros
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by gjaros » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:01 am

One more thing... On the Sell Our Products page it would be nice to have the different vendors' names link off to their respective web sites. Have them open in a new window because you don't want your custoemrs to leave your site.

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by NC Software » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:15 am

It's looking a lot better now as far as speed. I added an item to the cart then I was lost figuring out how to checkout. My gut instinct is to go to the top right of the page (header) to find a link to checkout. I ended up adding the same item to the cart again, then found the checkout on the left side. Just unnatural to me, my opinion only. I would also suggest either going to the cart after adding the item to the cart OR having some indicator that "X of Y was added to the cart, click here to checkout or continue shopping as desired." I don't know, it was just a bit of a struggle for me and my habits to figure out how to actually checkout!

I had some strange issue, proceeding with checkout. I added my e-mail and password to sign in as a new customer but it did not move forward, instead I had to sign in on the lower left, odd! You may want to run through like a new customer and check the order flow.

I would also suggest caching the images in IIS (headers area, 2 day expiration) and that will speed things up on the site, just a technique.

Shipping charges seem high, $8 shipping on two jars of BBQ sauce?

The payment table (where you put in CC data) is scrunched up. I'd put in noWrap on the label (left) text. You may want a link to what the "Security Code" info is, some people may not know where to find this info.

Your fonts are edging on the small side for me. I also notice they are fixed, i.e. I cannot make them larger using my web browsers font size choices. Not good! I suggest a Verdana .8em or larger, don't use fixed fonts if you can avoid it. Just needs some tweaking on the CSS.

This is just the wrong time a day to review this site! I'm headed out to lunch now! :)
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.