Please review www.anseladams.com

Post your AbleCommerce store for review by other forums members.
>> Please review requests by fellow users to critique their sites, in the process you have the opportunity to learn how someone else is using AbleCommerce.
kdewaard
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Please review www.anseladams.com

Post by kdewaard » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:26 pm

http://www.anseladams.com

Since I built this new AC5.2 site, I am the LAST person who should be critiquing it! I routinely ask fellow employees how the browsing and purchasing experience is, but by now they now the new AC5 site in and out. I'd like to get some feedback from somebody who hasn't visited us before.

Our previous site was based on AC3.04.

Thanks,

CH
Kate DeWaard
The Ansel Adams Gallery
P.O. Box 455
Village Mall
Yosemite NtPk, CA 95389
(800) 568-7398
(209) 372-4714 FAX

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Looks Nice Carlos

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:09 pm

Hello Carlos,

I still see a few area's navigation wise that AbleCommerce 5.2 could do better, just in consistancy of the navigation structure thoughout the entire site. Although we have mirrored the navigation structure from 3.0: Previous product/Next product and Previous Category/Next Category. The layout was a little better out of the box in 3.0 and we'll work on that some more, please let us know what you're thinking.

Also during the course of developing the AbleCommerce.com site we added the bread crumbs trail to the webpage.aspx page (below). We can make the code available, if anyone wants it?

l.E. Top > Products > Product Guide

The following product images are missing or mis-referenced.

Photo Synthesis
Item #2253118

Approaching the Shadow
Item #2153600

Your search utility (http://search.atomz.com/) would likely be able to give you a list of the broken images/links as they crawl the AnselAdams.com site regularly.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

kdewaard
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

re:www.anseladams.com

Post by kdewaard » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:45 pm

Mike,

Thanks for the message. I am replacing a lot of older images and I missed a couple! I know I had a few thousand jpgs, so replacing them with better versions is a big chore.

The breadcrumbing on the store pages works great. I just changed TOP with STORE DIRECTORY. I turned off the TABS is one section, becuase there would be a screen full of tabs since that section has a lot of subcats. It isn't a problem with the other cats, just Original Photographs.

I have mentioned to Katie the idea of added another PAGE (1 l 2 l 3 l, etc) nav just under the current Category breadcrumb. My fear is people not scrolling ALL of the way down the page and seeing the botton page nav.

I'd like to have the current Category breadcrumbs to indicate the specific categories instead of just their numbers.

I think my three bucket design on the main landing pages facilitates customer navigation. I just keep looking for redundant measures to make sure I don't lose a customer becuase they couldn't find their way through the site. I do miss the pull down jump menus we had in AC3's product pages.

best,

CH
Kate DeWaard
The Ansel Adams Gallery
P.O. Box 455
Village Mall
Yosemite NtPk, CA 95389
(800) 568-7398
(209) 372-4714 FAX

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: re:www.anseladams.com

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:15 am

carlosherrera wrote:
I'd like to have the current Category breadcrumbs to indicate the specific categories instead of just their numbers.
Hello Carlos,

What do you mean by this, I'm not quite sure what you're looking for?
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

podweb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by podweb » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:33 pm

Hi! I love your site. May I suggest you move the product details BELOW the photo on the product4.aspx page? Jsut write something like, select your options below... The page becomes very wide if you have the photo and the option on the same row...

Also, how did you get to display 3 items per row on the category.aspx page? thanks!

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by calvis » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:39 am

Also share with us how you did the gift certificates.
podweb wrote: Also, how did you get to display 3 items per row on the category.aspx page? thanks!

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

The 3 row wizard was done with some custom development

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:15 pm

Hello Charles,

The 3 row wizard was done with a bit of custom development. I'll see if we have it documented for production yet?

The Gift certificates are products. On purchase you create a custom coupon code for the user in the amount purchased. This is an area that could be enhanced in future releases of AbleCommerce to improve automation of this process.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

kdewaard
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

re:www.anseladams.com

Post by kdewaard » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:03 pm

Thanks for looking at the site. I appreciate it.

Yes, Sinead Brooks did the custom Category and Product wizards for us. It was important to move the BUY button up above the fold. She did a great job with those.

I am still playing with some of the larger images and whether or not I like the vertical design or the two colum product design. The image is most important to me, so I don't mind scrolling left to right a little.

Mike: let me think about the category breadcrumbs for a bit. By turning off the tabs, I lost some visual navigation notes.

best,

CH
Kate DeWaard
The Ansel Adams Gallery
P.O. Box 455
Village Mall
Yosemite NtPk, CA 95389
(800) 568-7398
(209) 372-4714 FAX

jecklund
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: The 3 row wizard was done with some custom development

Post by jecklund » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:04 am

Is the 3 row wizard available yet?

Thanks
Jon

Shopping Cart Admin wrote:Hello Charles,

The 3 row wizard was done with a bit of custom development. I'll see if we have it documented for production yet?

The Gift certificates are products. On purchase you create a custom coupon code for the user in the amount purchased. This is an area that could be enhanced in future releases of AbleCommerce to improve automation of this process.

podweb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by podweb » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:24 pm

I had a programmer make this page for me - http://www.levanteusa.com/category.aspx ... gory_ID=30
Last edited by podweb on Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: The 3 row wizard was done with some custom development

Post by calvis » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:20 pm

Yes, it is included in the 5.5 beta.

You can see it here:

http://demo.ablecommerce.com/ac55b1148/ ... s-C65.aspx

In category.aspx there is a wizard option:

"How many columns do you want to display your objects?
Enter the maximum number of columns to display the object listing."

jecklund wrote:Is the 3 row wizard available yet?

Thanks
Jon

Shopping Cart Admin wrote:Hello Charles,