Installation Error - Need Help

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
kittruong
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Installation Error - Need Help

Post by kittruong » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:47 am

I'm trying to install the latest AbleCommerce 7.1. Asp.Net 2.0 I have all minimum/setup requirements and permissions set up correctly. (I've installed AC7 successfully before)

Install step 1 (database part) goes fine, but problem is in step 2 when I try to do the final step of the install. The page is Configure2.aspx. After hitting the Install button, I get the following error. (Note: I added the debug="true" to the page so I could see what the offending line of code was) Any help would be appreciated.

----------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 22: {
Line 23: //REQUIRED DATA
Line 24: Store store = StoreDataSource.CreateStore(StoreName.Text, Email.Text, Password.Text, true);
Line 25: //CREATE DEFAULT COUNTRIES
Line 26: CreateCountries(CountryDefaults.SelectedIndex == 0);

Source File: c:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain\httpdocs\Install\Configure2.aspx Line: 24

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
CommerceBuilder.Stores.StoreDataSource.CreateStore(String storeName, String adminEmail, String adminPassword, Boolean switchContext) +252
ASP.install_configure2_aspx.InstallButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\vhosts\notubes.com\httpdocs\Install\Configure2.aspx:24
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Installation Error - Need Help

Post by mazhar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:58 am

Could you provide the screen capture of the settings on Configure2.aspx just before the error occurs.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Also please remove the CommerceBuilder.lic or liscence file and Store.lic file from App_Data and also replace the Database.config in App_Data folder with the Database.config file available with AbleCommerce standard package and then try to install the application.

kittruong

Post by kittruong » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:30 pm

SWEET, your advice worked.
1) I deleted CommerceBuilder.lic from the App_Data folder
2) There was no Store.lic file but I guess you would delete it if it were there
3) I replaced the Database.config file from the original setup files
4) Restart install from beginning

Thanks guys.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:21 am

that's great 8)

joea84

Post by joea84 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi,

I had the same error with 7.0.6. Here is what I did:

In the database, go to ac_Store. Enter some store info. For the Default WareHouseID, Order IncrementID, and NextOrder ID, use 1. For WeightUnitID and MeasurementUnitID, use 0

Go back to configure2.aspx. You're now using the store settings you just entered directly into the database for the rest of the form.

You'll be asked to enter in another store, however, that information is unimportant. You'll then be asked to enter a user, however, he or she won't be registered with the current store. You need to go into ac_users and change the store id to 1 for the user you just registered.

Go to the ac_Groups table. Assign each group the StoreID of 1.

Then, login.

Joseph Anderson
JMA Web Technologies, Inc.
http://www.jmawebtechnologies.com