Authorize Test successful, but capture failed (Linkpoint)

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
alovhaug
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Authorize Test successful, but capture failed (Linkpoint)

Post by alovhaug » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Thanks to Katie I was able to get the Linkpoint gateway working (or so it seems). I've been running some more tests to make sure I clearly understand the workflow. All my initial authorize tests worked as I expected - successful when it was set "Test Mode (Approval)" and not successful when it was set to "Test Mode (Decline)" and "Test Mode (Duplicate)".

Next I thought I would change one of my successful items to "shipped". No problem. And then I went into payments and tried to "Capture Payment". Unfortunately this was not successful. The message I get is "FAILED SGS-020009: An order ID is required for this transaction type."

Is this typical when you are set up in test mode? Or could there be some other configuration issue I need to address?

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

alovhaug
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Authorize Test successful, but capture failed [more+bump]

Post by alovhaug » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Since no one has responded on this item, I thought perhaps my experience was just a fluke. So I tried a couple more.

For records where the authorization was successful, the payment capture once again is not successful. Again, the error was "FAILED SGS-020009: An order ID is required for this transaction type."

For records where the authorization failed the first time (like on a reported duplicate), I tried a "Retry authorization". In those cases, I am getting: "SGS-020003: Invalid XML".

I'd appreciate assistance on this, as being able to authorize but not capture will limit my e-commerce success severely! :wink:

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Re: Authorize Test successful, but capture failed (Linkpoint)

Post by sohaib » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:04 am

can you please post Ablecommerce version and build information from Help->About?

alovhaug
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by alovhaug » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:14 am

Sure:

VERSION: 7.0
BUILD: 10152

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:37 am

I am not sure but it could be a limitation of test mode. Can you try a test transaction in live mode?

alovhaug
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by alovhaug » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:59 am

Yes, it appears to be a limitation of test mode. Running a real transaction through worked fine.

I will also note (for the next guy trying to figure this out) that I first attempted a "live" transaction with the famous test Visa number "4111-1111-1111-1111", but that was not authorized. (Which I guess is a good thing since I don't really want your live system to accept invalid Visa numbers for payment.

Also, something I didn't try is using the test system with a real credit card number. I had been using the test Visa and Master card #s that were included in the First Data / Linkpoint documentation. Perhaps using a real credit card number in test mode would have worked. (I leave that as an exercise for the reader.)

Thanks for your assistance.