New Install Faluire - Machine Key

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
SecretSpin
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

New Install Faluire - Machine Key

Post by SecretSpin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:41 am

Hello,

I am trying to install a new trial server, but I'm having incredible difficulty.

Error:

Code: Select all

Server Error in '/' Application.
Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.
I am have searched and found many threads/solutions i.e. http://wiki.ablecommerce.com/index.php/ ... ed_problem and viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10337&p=44930&hili ... the#p44930

I have tried everything on my own. I need to get this server up asap to present it to a company. What can I do?

SecretSpin
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: New Install Faluire - Machine Key

Post by SecretSpin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:02 pm

I was able to get past this by using enableViewStateMac="false" in web.config. It states this is not secure. What can I do to solve this problem and get it secure before we go live?

SecretSpin
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: New Install Faluire - Machine Key

Post by SecretSpin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 pm

I removed enableViewStateMac="false" and everything seems to be okay. Did I solve my own problem by skipping it in the install?