Order status Trigger Question

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
wilhud
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Order status Trigger Question

Post by wilhud » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 pm

We're currently using the Order Statuses to remove items from inventory once an order has been completely processed. When an order is changed to Completed status, the Inventory is DeStocked. However, AbleCommerce on th front end does not like this because it pulls from the inventory to check availability of an item. Leaving items stocked until the order has been shipped and completed causes the system to think there is more inventory then there really is. As a result, I'm going to move the DeStock option to the moment the order is placed. However, I'm concerned with how the system will react to this.

If I move the DeStock option to an earlier status, what happens to all of the orders that have already been put through and are past the initial OrderPlaced status? Do they immediately DeStock or do I have to go back and move them all into OrderPlaced status (the new status that will have the DeStock) option, so that they will DeStock properly? I'm concerned that if it does not DeStock all of those orders that are currently in other status levels, then my inventory will be thrown off. We'll be doing a physical inventory soon so it will eventually be a moot point, but I want to make sure the transisition is as smooth as possible so that the inventory remains somewhat clean.

Does anyone know what is going to happen in this scenario, when I make that change? I'm assuming it will not trigger the DeStocking of orders currently in the system, so I will probably have to manually move them over and back, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks,
Wil