Cannot connect to my AbleCommerce Shopping Cart anymore

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
fatone
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Cannot connect to my AbleCommerce Shopping Cart anymore

Post by fatone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi,
I changed my password for my SQL Server database that holds the AbleCommerce tables, and now cannot get to the Admin page. I tried changing it back, but don't remember the old password. So how can I configure the database password that the Ablecommerce website is trying to use without being able to get to the admin page? I can get to the tables with MS SQL Server though, so I figured I could do it there, but just don't know where to go.

The error message is below:

Code: Select all

Server Error in '/' Application.
Login failed for user 'SQL2005_440761_dlfw_user'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'SQL2005_440761_dlfw_user'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'SQL2005_440761_dlfw_user'.] 
Thanks in advance!

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Cannot connect to my AbleCommerce Shopping Cart anymore

Post by calvis » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:09 pm

I see this from the Able Commerce Help System. Maybe this will help you.
Manually Changing the Database Connection String

The database connection string is encrypted in the file ..\App_Data\database.config and cannot be modified. If you have incorrectly entered the database connection string, and the installation is now broken, follow the steps below.

Make a backup copy of ~\App_Data\database.config

Copy the following code:
<connectionStrings>
<add name="AbleCommerce" connectionString="Server=yourserver;Database=yourDB;Uid=youruser;Pwd=yourPW;"ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

Paste it into the database.config file. (Overwrite any existing information and remove any unneeded breaks)

Modify the connection string to have the correct new server, database name, username, and password information.

Save the updated database.config file.

Login to your AbleCommerce installation to confirm it is working properly. If not, re-check your database settings and make any changes.

Go back to the Configure > Security > Database page and check the box to Encrypt the connection string in the database.config file.

Check the box stating you understand that providing an incorrect connection string can disable your installation of AbleCommerce.

Click the CHANGE button. This will re-encrypt the database connection string for added security.
Able Customer Since 1999 Currently Running on GOLD R12 SR1 and PCI Certified.

rlopez
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Re: Cannot connect to my AbleCommerce Shopping Cart anymore

Post by rlopez » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:15 am

Recently had to move a Data server and in doing so had to change the network IP address sub net. After doing so we can no longer log in to the admin page to update the database connect string. I've tried using the above able help instructions and still cannot get to the admin page. Is there any other procedure? Were using R9 build and it is a production site running SQL Express 2005.
Thanks for any input offered.
Rick L.
https://www.boatingsolutions.com
We make boat repair easy!