Google Checkout Issues

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Google Checkout Issues

Post by tachia » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:23 pm

I have recently activated Google Checkout, but I didn't realize that I would not get order data. The Google Checkout orders do not include the product options, such as color or size. And it's been difficult to contact custmers about the orders. Is there a way to correct this problem or make changes to the product page to correct this?

My Google Checkout button is located on the basket.aspx

Is this the correct location to put the button?

Is there a way to download the data into ablecommerce?

Thanks.

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: Google Checkout Issues

Post by tachia » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:56 am

Can someone tell me if there has been a fix for Google Checkout orders?

The product ordered includes the product description and it appears to take up all the space and is not providing the actual options (color, size, etc) that the customers have selected. Did anyone else have a similar problem with google checkout?

Thanks.

Tasha

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:58 am

Is this happening in confirmation Email or in website pages. What is your application version information?

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:36 am

This is what I received from Google Checkout Support:

I understand that you have a question regarding product options and contacting your customer. I've investigated the shopping carts that you're sending to Google Checkout, these carts contain additional item information in the merchant-private-data tag. Below is order 511721363828681:

<merchant-private-item-data>
<basketItemId>1051</basketItemId>
<productId>48</productId>
<orderItemType>Product</orderItemType>

<shippable>Yes</shippable>

<taxCodeId>0</taxCodeId>

<weight>0.2500</weight>

<wrapStyleId>0</wrapStyleId>

<optionList>4660,0,0,0,0,0,0,0</optionList>

<giftMessage>
</giftMessage>

<lineMessage>
</lineMessage>

<lastModifiedDate>3/25/2009 1:36:06 PM</lastModifiedDate>

<orderBy>1</orderBy>

<parentItemId>3673</parentItemId>

<sku>BZ-S7400</sku>

<wishlistItemId>0</wishlistItemId>

<inputs>

<itemInput inputFieldId="31">Size: One Size
Dimensions: Approximately 5"" X 4"" X 1 ¼”
</itemInput>

</inputs>

</merchant-private-item-data>

I'm guessing that your shopping cart was developed to access this data. Have you tried configuring your API callback URL? We'll send this information to your server so you can sync Google Checkout with your normal order processing system. I suggest contacting your shopping cart provider for additional information.

Google Checkout API Support

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Fri May 01, 2009 12:51 pm

I think I realize what's wrong with google checkout. The Google checkout button is on the first page of checkout, instead of the page where you request payment method. My website is http://www.senselingerie.com

How can you add the Google Checkout buttlon link to the third page, insted of the first page of checkout?

PLEASE. I'm losing customers over this issue and I would like to resolve it.

Thanks.

Tachia

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Sat May 02, 2009 11:13 am

I cannot figure out the issue, but it does appear to be a problem with the cart. Google checkout button is located on the first page of checkout, so the problems are:

1. we never get the order in the cart
2. we have to manually pull the orders from the google checkout site
3. inventory is not removed
4. we do not receive the options (size, color, etc)

From what I see, Google Checkout should be on the last checkout page, with the other checkout options, such as Pay by Credit card, PayPal, etc. This will probably correct the problem.

I'm just very shock that I'm the only one having this issue. Is there a way to correct this issue?

Thanks
Tasha
http://www.senselingerie.com

afm
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by afm » Sat May 02, 2009 12:42 pm

PayPal, credit card, etc. are payment options that AbleCommerce has integrated into their own checkout system.

Google Checkout is an alternative checkout system. Google requires that the button to enter their checkout system be on the cart page *before* the checkout has started. That is why the Google Checkout button appears where it does and why it cannot be moved to the same page with payment options. Google Checkout is not a payment option...it is a checkout system.

AbleCommerce should be reading the order, shipping, and payment details from Google Checkout after the customer has completed the transaction. My guess is the the "callback URL" is not configured in your Google Merchant Account area. If it was, then the Google person that wrote to you would have mentioned it.

This page in the online help has a very good description of Google Checkout, its limitations, and configuration. In particular, I think you may be missing the Callback URL,

http://help.ablecommerce.com/mergedProj ... eckout.htm
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Sat May 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Thank you.

That did help a lot. I followed the directions, but I was unable to find the API callback URL for my site. I'm not sure where you would locate this, it was not under the configuration section.

Is it the same extension as used in the example or will this need to be setup?

I didn't know if I should try:
https://senselingerie.com/Checkout/Goog ... tener.ashx

Thank you, I've been trying to get this issue resolved for months.

afm
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by afm » Sat May 02, 2009 7:44 pm

That looks like the right URL to me. Give it a shot. There is a very good chance it will work and it certainly will not be worse than what you have now.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Wed May 06, 2009 7:37 am

The callback URL did not work for Google Checkout.

https://senselingerie.com/Checkout/Goog ... tener.ashx

FROM GOOGLE CHECKOUT:
We've made several unsuccessful attempts to send order notifications to your notification callback URL, https://senselingerie.com/Checkout/Goog ... tener.ashx As a result, you aren't receiving order status, risk, or other notifications.

Is callback URL something that I can locate in the admin area or does it need to be defined? Everything else with Google Checkout seems to be working correctly.

Thanks.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Wed May 06, 2009 9:02 am

It seems that most probably it will be due to SSL certificate. Make sure that your are using some proper certificate not a self signed cert. Also check Google integration console to find out what response is sent to Google when it tries to connect to callback URL.

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Wed May 06, 2009 9:24 am

The SSL is proper not self-signed.

Here is the error on all of the Google Checkout orders:

Error: We encountered an error processing your notification acknowledgment. The error we got is: Expected serial number was not contained in request. Merchant has enabled serial number notification handshake.

Beginning of text

xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<new-order-notification xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" serial-number="204134554088477-00001-7">
<timestamp>2009-05-06T01:16:40.220Z</timestamp>

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Wed May 06, 2009 9:40 am

Sign into your GoogleCheckout merchant account.
Click the Integration link on the Settings tab.
Click the link to view Advanced settings and uncheck the box next to
"Require notification acknowledgments to specify the serial number of the notification."

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Thu May 21, 2009 12:32 pm

I just wanted to say thanks. Everything for Google is working great now.

Tachia

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:11 am

Hello. I've recently had my site upgraded to 7.0.3 and now I'm having an issue with Google Checkout again.

Here is the error received from Google Checkout again:

We've made several unsuccessful attempts to send order notifications to your notification callback URL, https://senselingerie.com/Checkout/Goog ... tener.ashx As a result, you aren't receiving order status, risk, or other notifications.

Is there something that needs to be changed/updated after the upgrade was completed?

Here is the beg of the error report:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://senselingerie.com/Checkout/Goog ... tener.ashx -- the error we got is Send failed with code: 500. Response body was: <html> <head> <title>Could not load type 'CommerceBuilder.Orders.BasketItemKitProduct' from assembly 'CommerceBuilder, Version=7.3.12065.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.</title> <style> body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } </style> </head> <body bgcolor="white"> <span><H1>Server Error in '/' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1> <h2> <i>Could not load type 'CommerceBuilder.Orders.BasketItemKitProduct' from assembly 'CommerceBuilder, Version=7.3.12065.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.</i> </h2></span> <font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif "> <b> Description: </b>An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. <br><br> <b> Exception Details: </b>System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CommerceBuilder.Orders.BasketItemKitProduct' from assembly 'CommerceBuilder, Version=7.3.12065.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.<br><br> <b>Source Error:</b> <br><br> <table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc"> <tr> <td> <code> The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:<br><br>1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:<br><br> &nbsp;&nbsp;<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %><br><br>or:<br><br>2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:<br><br><configuration><br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<system.web><br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<compilation debug="true"/><br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</system.web><br></configuration><br><br> Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.<br><br>Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.</code> </td> </tr> </table> <br> <b>Stack Trace:</b> <br><br> <table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc"> <tr> <td> <code><pre> [TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CommerceBuilder.Orders.BasketItemKitProduct' from assembly 'CommerceBuilder, Version=7.3.12065.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.] CommerceBuilder.Payments.Providers.GoogleCheckout.AC.AcHelper.GetAcBasket(ShoppingCart shoppingcart, Boolean clearShipNTax) +0 CommerceBuilder.Payments.Providers.GoogleCheckout.AC.NewOrderHandler.Process() +393 NotificationListner.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +600 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75 </pre></code> </td> </tr> </table> <br> <hr width=100% size=1 color=silver> <b>Version Information:</b>&nbsp;Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016 </font> </body> </html> <!-- [TypeLoadException]: Could not load type 'CommerceBuilder.Orders.BasketItemKitProduct' from assembly 'CommerceBuilder, Version=7.3.12065.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. at CommerceBuilder.Payments.Providers.GoogleCheckout.AC.AcHelper.GetAcBasket(ShoppingCart shoppingcart, Boolean clearShipNTax) at CommerceBuilder.Payments.Providers.GoogleCheckout.AC.NewOrderHandler.Process() at NotificationListner.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --><!-- This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:31 pm

It seems that you have some old code in you application. BasketItemKitProduct is removed in 7.0.3 but your NotificationListener.ashx seems to refer the old class. So make sure that upgrade was successful and also there is no custom code that needs to be 7.0.3 compliant.

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 am

I removed the BasketItemDetails and also updated the two dlls Bugs 8128 and 8142. I checked all the setting.

Is there anything else that I can do or you recommend to get this to work?

Thanks.

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:50 am

FYI: It started working. I think the updated dll's corrected the problem.