Server Error in '/' Application

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
surf
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Server Error in '/' Application

Post by surf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:05 am

Just started getting this error. Nothing has been changed in several weeks. Any ideas??

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Thread was being aborted.

Source Error:

Line 126: <providers>
Line 127: <clear/>
Line 128: <add name="AbleCommerceRoleProvider" type="CommerceBuilder.Users.AbleCommerceRoleProvider" connectionStringName="AbleCommerce6" applicationName="/"/>
Line 129: </providers>
Line 130: </roleManager>

Source File: E:\web\source1\htdocs\web.config Line: 128

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

nickc
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Server Error in '/' Application

Post by nickc » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:19 am

Parser Error Message: Thread was being aborted.
This indicates that the site is being restarted. Are you hosting the website or is someone else? Seeing the error after updating website code is typical.

surf
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by surf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:42 am

discountasp is hosting the site. This error has been happening for over 7 hours. i tried recyling the server.

surf
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by surf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:22 am

i recycled the server and it works. the hosting provider must of done something??

Matt2k
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Matt2k » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:06 am

I am getting this a lot in 7.0.2, about once a week. I'm not sure, but I think it happens when the application recycles normally. It persists until I recycle the application by editing the web.config

Is there something going on with threading in AbleCommerceRoleProvider ??

blackstonemedia
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by blackstonemedia » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:55 am

Matt2k wrote:I am getting this a lot in 7.0.2, about once a week. I'm not sure, but I think it happens when the application recycles normally. It persists until I recycle the application by editing the web.config

We just got this error in 7.0.3. How can we prevent it from happening again?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:55 am

blackstonemedia wrote:
Matt2k wrote:I am getting this a lot in 7.0.2, about once a week. I'm not sure, but I think it happens when the application recycles normally. It persists until I recycle the application by editing the web.config

We have already seen some cases where people are complaining about this and found that this is related to hosting provider. Most probably an overloaded server or with less ram that fails to load the provider resulting this error. Please contact your hosting provider to fix this.

blackstonemedia
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by blackstonemedia » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:57 am

mazhar wrote:
blackstonemedia wrote:

We have already seen some cases where people are complaining about this and found that this is related to hosting provider. Most probably an overloaded server or with less ram that fails to load the provider resulting this error. Please contact your hosting provider to fix this.
We are the host. The machine sits at 2-5% CPU usage, has 4 GB of RAM (with 1.4 GB free) and is plenty powerful.

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:46 am

We are the host. The machine sits at 2-5% CPU usage, has 4 GB of RAM (with 1.4 GB free) and is plenty powerful.
The symptoms of this error are that once this error occurs the application pool gets stuck. The error usually goes away on restarting the application pool (either by editing web.config or otherwise). Application pool tends to go in to this state usually when it is being accessed after a long time and it is being reinitialized. During the reinitialization it sometimes fails to load the application DLLs properly. This is usually associated with under-resourced or under-powered shared server that is overloaded with tons of application running in their own dedicated application pools. Whether this is the reason or not in your case, there is little or nothing that the application can do to prevent this situation. It ends up as a server server/IIS/application pool configuration issue.