Drop shipper / email question

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
William M
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Drop shipper / email question

Post by William M » Mon May 18, 2009 8:03 am

Just checking.... I'm setting up a product line that will ship from the manufacturer - drop ship.

I've set up the manufacturer. I've also set up the products to show the manufacturer in the "Manufacturer" and "Warehouse" field on the product edit page. Is this all I need to do to have drop shipper emails sent to the manufacturer?

My previous cart showed email choices (store, drop-shipper...) on the product edit page to indicate how to handle emails.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Drop shipper / email question

Post by mazhar » Mon May 18, 2009 8:46 am

Well I think shipping is up to vendors not manufacturers, You can setup vendors for products in same way as you setup manufacturers. In Email templates there is an Email notification named Vendor Email Notification you can attach to related trigger and it will be sent to vendors when that event will occur.

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Drop shipper / email question

Post by draneb » Sat May 30, 2009 3:17 pm

I am setting up this type of site as well.

I created a warehouse with the manufacturer name and address and I assigned all of their products to them as the vendor.

When I place a test order the Ship From name in the email displays their company name and address.
It's actually not something I would want anyone to see because they could easily call them and start doing the same thing.

I have read quite a few posts from members who have drop shipping websites. Do you display that information or perhaps replace it with your store name and address? I wanted the shipping calculations to be correct - shipping from their zipcode.

Thank you.
AC 7.0.3 build 13937