Google Checkout Shipping Display Issue

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
combra
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Google Checkout Shipping Display Issue

Post by combra » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:10 am

Hi,

I recently upgraded to 7.0.3 from 7.0.0. In Google Checkout, only one shipping option will appear (USPS Priority Mail) in two browsers, IE and Safari. While in Firefox all my shipping options with appear (UPS and USPS), as they should. I haven't changed any shipping settings with the upgrade. For those that use Google Checkout, are the shipping options you want showing up uniformly in all 3 major browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc)?

No errors showing in AC nor Google Checkout Integrated Console.

Thanks,
Brandon
www.christmasdealz.com
AC 7.0.3 build 12458
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

combra

Re: Google Checkout Shipping Display Issue

Post by combra » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:02 pm

combra wrote:Hi,

I recently upgraded to 7.0.3 from 7.0.0. In Google Checkout, only one shipping option will appear (USPS Priority Mail) in two browsers, IE and Safari. While in Firefox all my shipping options with appear (UPS and USPS), as they should. I haven't changed any shipping settings with the upgrade. For those that use Google Checkout, are the shipping options you want showing up uniformly in all 3 major browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc)?

No errors showing in AC nor Google Checkout Integrated Console.

Thanks,
Brandon
http://www.christmasdealz.com
AC 7.0.3 build 12458
I think I figured out the bug. For the 3 UPS' methods I use, (UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air, and UPS Next Day Air) for the Zones setting under shipping method, I have the option, Selected Zones>Contiguous US selected under zones. There seems to be a bug using that setting specifically on AC 7.0.3. When I change it to Zones>All, the UPS shipping methods appear as they should in all browsers.

-Brandon
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:20 am

When you mark your shipping method available to only selected zones and you are not getting that shipping method listed in checkout then make sure your address fall within that specified zone.

combra

Post by combra » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:51 am

mazhar wrote:When you mark your shipping method available to only selected zones and you are not getting that shipping method listed in checkout then make sure your address fall within that specified zone.
Thanks Mazhar. I'm almost 100% positive it is a glitch with Google Checkout and AC 7.0.3. It was my personal address and I did substantial testing to discover the bug.

-Brandon
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

ToddJ
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by ToddJ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:10 pm

I encountered the same issue in Internet Explorer 7. Any shipping method that was associated with specific zones (as opposed to 'All') will display properly in the cart's shipping estimate, but will not be displayed in the Google Checkout. Furthermore, if all shipping methods are associated with specific zones, none will be displayed in the Google Checkout, resulting in the error 'You do not currently have any shipping methods'. At this point, it is not possible for the customer to complete the checkout process.

Mozilla Firefox (v3.5.2) displays the shipping methods properly.

The store is running AbleCommerce 7.0.3
CommerceBuilder.dll v7.3.12065.0
CommerceBuilder.GoogleCheckout.dll v7.3.12468.0

My question is whether this is an AbleCommerce issue or a Google Checkout issue.

combra

Post by combra » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:24 am

ToddJ wrote:I encountered the same issue in Internet Explorer 7. Any shipping method that was associated with specific zones (as opposed to 'All') will display properly in the cart's shipping estimate, but will not be displayed in the Google Checkout. Furthermore, if all shipping methods are associated with specific zones, none will be displayed in the Google Checkout, resulting in the error 'You do not currently have any shipping methods'. At this point, it is not possible for the customer to complete the checkout process.

Mozilla Firefox (v3.5.2) displays the shipping methods properly.

The store is running AbleCommerce 7.0.3
CommerceBuilder.dll v7.3.12065.0
CommerceBuilder.GoogleCheckout.dll v7.3.12468.0

My question is whether this is an AbleCommerce issue or a Google Checkout issue.
It's an AC issue based on what I found with my testing.

-Brandon
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:45 am

Was anyone able to fix this issue?

I have flat rates for Standard Shipping and when I login to Google Checkout with my personal account, all the UPS, FedEx and other shipping charges are calculated at the same amount. So if I take UPS Overnight it's the same as the Standard Flat Rate shipping.

If there is no fix in Able Commerce, is there a way to change the shipping amounts in Google that will override the amounts provided during regular checkout?

I'm using 7.0.3
I have a basic handling charge of $2.00 to cover handling to UPS and FedEx orders
I have all my accounts set up for USPS, UPS and FedEx

Anything I can change in Able Commerce to correct this issue or work around?

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Tachia

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:42 am

I have a question. I would like to set fixed rates in Google Checkout, since there is an issue somewhere with Google Checkout and AbleCommerce shipping rates. Google checkout charges the same basic rate for all shipping, so I have customers thinking they can order overnight for $3.95 and of course most will take advantage of this error.

How can you turn off Google Checkout Merchant Calculation Callbacks, so that it will just offer the services from the fixed rate shipping entered, instead of the standard flat rate?

Thanks.
Tachia

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 am

This is the information I received from my hosting service about the Google Checkout issue. Can someone please review and see if you can provide a remedy for this error. I would appreciate any assistance with this issues.

THe site always loads Google Checkout very slowly. I worked through the lines of code and commented out sections and lines individually until I found this line to be the problem line:

string topElement = EncodeHelper.GetTopElement(RequestXml);

That line runs very slowly on your site. I’m wondering if it is because your site was upgraded and perhaps they have a new dll they could supply to you with a better version of the ‘EncodeHelper’ class.

Other sites on the same webserver are not having this issue. It seems to be isolated to that line of code and see if it could be because you have upgraded website instead your site being installed from 7.0.3 from scratch like the others I tested.

I was making these tests using this page I added: https://senselingerie.com/Checkout/Goog ... ener2.ashx

In its current state, the problem line is commented out and replaced with:
string topElement = “”;
Lines after that commented out, but if you were to change that one line back to the original format, the page slows down to about 10 seconds or so to load.

edinos
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by edinos » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:11 am

I finally took google checkout off. It would never charge the customer shipping. Anybody ever figure this out? It was a disaster at the beginning of the holidays this year. Our webhoster was not much help. Told us that we were the only site that had this problem...

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by plugables » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:17 am

$0 shipping can get applied for all shipping methods if default rate is set to 0 and the store is slow to respond to GoogleCheckout's callback APIs. At the time of checkout GoogleCheckout sends back call-back requests to your store to get shipping rates. Your store calculates applicable shipping methods and shipping charges based on the shipping address provided and returns the details to GoogleCheckout. GoogleCheckout then displays those shipping methods to the user.

GoogleCheckout is very strict. It just gives 3 seconds to the website to respond to shipping calculation callback. If the site fails to respond in three seconds it just populates the rates with a default rate. This could possibly be the case with your store.
Last edited by plugables on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.