kitting question

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
meer2005
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

kitting question

Post by meer2005 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 am

So if a product is part of a kit, then it can't be the master product of a separate kit? I have product A and product B.. Product B is a part of a kit on product A record. When I go to product B to setup a separate kit, It says something like this product is already part of kit.... with no option to create a new kit?

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: kitting question

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:31 am

Our code does not have the capability to compute nested kits. If a product is part of a kit, then it cannot also be a kit.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

Abinator
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: kitting question

Post by Abinator » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:19 pm

I have a couple questions on this...

1) If there any chance that kits inside of a kit will be possible in the near future?
2) If we can't do kits inside of kits, can you think of a way to accomplish th following?

Product A
- 1oz Bottle ($1.95)
Includes:
1 ounce bottle
1 ounce of product
1 cap for bottle
- 2oz Bottle (3.95)
Includes:
2 ounce bottle
2 ounces of product
1 cap for bottle
- etc... with options to select 1oz, 2oz, 4oz, 8oz, & 16oz bottles

These options need to be shown on one page with the description and picture of the overall product. I have this working (using kitting)with the different amounts of the product only since I can't put a kit it with the bottle and cap. If I could include the bottle and cap, then i could tract the inventory on them as well.

Any help on this would be great... Thanks!