Email Triggers Not working in 7.0.3

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Barryrowe
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Email Triggers Not working in 7.0.3

Post by Barryrowe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:34 am

I am working on a new Able Commerce store, and we have been testing orders, and the forgot my password links. None of the usual emails are being sent out. We have the smtp server running, the configuration in Able Commerce is correct, and through the admin we are able to successfully send out a test email.

Is this a known bug with 7.0.3, or are we missing a step that has been added from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 that allows emails to be sent out on specific public events. (specifically order placement, and forgot my password).

Thanks in advance,
Barry

gunter
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Re: Email Triggers Not working in 7.0.3

Post by gunter » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:13 am

Hi Barry,
I have just had a compliant from a customer of one of our stores complaining that they couldn't work out how to use the password retreival link also.
I tested the functionality just to make sure and we have the same bug (v7.0.3)

annoyingly it does not error - seems to work fine - response messages indicate success - but the email never arives so it is clearly faulty - SMTP test emails work fine and custom code we have written to send email using Able methods works fine so it is not settings or the core email stuff at fault.

I have looked at the code very quickly and it looks ok - calling the same user.GeneratePasswordRequest(); method that was previously being used
perhaps it is a bug with the ComerceBuilder.DLL? perhaps in the event handlers?

If anyone from Able could look into this it would be greatly appreciated

I have not yet tested it for order placement events

Thanks
Gunter

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:21 am

I've been able to receive password emails from 7.0.3 stores. They do come marked as possible phishing, so maybe yours are going into someones junk mail folder.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

gunter

Post by gunter » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi All,

I think I have found the problem. It is a bug with AbleCommerce 7.0.3. - well, in part at least

In the Configure > Email > Settings
There is the "Update Existing Templates" checkbox which supposedly updates all the existing templates to a new email address from (if you check it and hit save) - IT DOESN'T
You need to manually go in and change all the from addresses in every email template to a real address or it will be
info@ablecommerce.xyz
by default

as this is clearly a fake email address it will get blocked by many outgoing mailservers and therefore never get to the recipient - even though Able's sending mechanism etc. is working fine.

Try updating this and see how you go Barry

Cheers
Gunter

Barryrowe
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Barryrowe » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:43 am

In the Configure > Email > Settings
There is the "Update Existing Templates" checkbox which supposedly updates all the existing templates to a new email address from (if you check it and hit save) - IT DOESN'T
You need to manually go in and change all the from addresses in every email template to a real address or it will be
info@ablecommerce.xyz
This turned out to be the issue. We were assuming the update template option was working as we expected.

Thanks