Applying Discounts for ALL users not just a group

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Barryrowe
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Applying Discounts for ALL users not just a group

Post by Barryrowe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:09 pm

I'm working on a store that needs to use volume discounts to show the difference between list price and the store price. This needs to be the default discount, and all users need to be able to see the discounts, even if they are not logged in.

Our discounts are working fine for users logged in inside of the "Normal" group, but I'm not finding anyway to get discounts to show for users not in any group, and customers who have not yet logged in.

Thanks,
Barry

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: Applying Discounts for ALL users not just a group

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:24 pm

We used unfortunate wording on the discount page. Under group filter, treat "all groups" to mean "no group filter". That's the option you want, and then your discount will show up even for users not in any group.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

Barryrowe
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Barryrowe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Awesome! We think that's exactly what we need. Just to clarify though, if a user is assigned to a group (we'll say "Special Users"), and there are volume discounts set for "Special Users", will these override the "All User Group" discounts, and be displayed instead?

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:33 pm

We don't have a way to specify that a discount should apply to all users that are NOT in a group (excluding users who are in any group). I think that's been suggested as a future enhancement already.

If you have two discounts, one with a group filter and one without, the customer will get the discount that is more advantageous. So if your discount for the special users is better than the one for all users, yes, it will override.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

bhill
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by bhill » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Has there been any progress on this feature enhancement? We have resellers that are able to apply coupons to their orders, essentially stacking up their re-seller discounts (volume discounts) with coupon codes that are intended for regular customers only. If I don't include "all groups" on the coupon then the default no group assignment to my customers is not allowed the coupon. This seems like a major flaw. Please tell me I'm missing something.
Need one of two things:
A way to make all (new) customers into a default group
or
EXCLUDE a group from a coupon.

please advise :?: :idea:

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Hello,

Would you want all new customers added to a default group or would it be visitors? Which of the two options you've recommended would be better for you? I can see a use for both, but it would seem that the best would be be able to exclude certain groups.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

bhill

Post by bhill » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Yes yes excluding I agree is the way to go. If it was possible to exclude groups from coupons AND from volume discounts it would be perfect.

bhill

Post by bhill » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Any Ideas? I've had to deactivate all of our re-seller discounts and our volume discounts to allow for our Christmas promo coupon code. :cry:

bhill

Post by bhill » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:16 pm

someone please help with a solution on this
thanks