UPS UnitOfMeasurement Error

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
freedom1029
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

UPS UnitOfMeasurement Error

Post by freedom1029 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:25 am

I am trying to figure out why my shipping estimate tool and shipping cost in the check out process is not working. I am using UPS and if I look at the log created I see the error description: 00 is not a valid unit of measurement for dimensions for this shipment.

In my store local settings under Administration > Configure > Store my Unit of Measurement is set to Inches.

Here is an example of the log:

Code: Select all

Send: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>shop</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code>01</Code></PickupType><CustomerClassification><Code>01</Code></CustomerClassification><Shipment><Shipper><Address><City>Longueuil</City><StateProvinceCode>QC</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>J4G 1T5</PostalCode><CountryCode>CA</CountryCode></Address></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><City>Rancho Santa Margarita</City><StateProvinceCode>CA</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>92688</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></ShipTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>KGS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>2.3</Weight></ShipmentWeight><Package><PackagingType><Code>02</Code></PackagingType><Dimensions><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>00</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Length>33.02</Length><Width>25.40</Width><Height>22.86</Height></Dimensions><PackageWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>KGS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>2.3</Weight></PackageWeight><OversizePackage>2</OversizePackage></Package></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

Receive: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>0</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Failure</ResponseStatusDescription><Error><ErrorSeverity>Hard</ErrorSeverity><ErrorCode>110547</ErrorCode><ErrorDescription>00 is not a valid unit of measurement for dimensions for this shipment</ErrorDescription></Error></Response></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>
If you have any suggestions I would appreciate.
Thanks,
Eric

combra
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Re: UPS UnitOfMeasurement Error

Post by combra » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:10 pm

freedom1029 wrote:I am trying to figure out why my shipping estimate tool and shipping cost in the check out process is not working. I am using UPS and if I look at the log created I see the error description: 00 is not a valid unit of measurement for dimensions for this shipment.

In my store local settings under Administration > Configure > Store my Unit of Measurement is set to Inches.

Here is an example of the log:

Send: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>shop</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code>01</Code></PickupType><CustomerClassification><Code>01</Code></CustomerClassification><Shipment><Shipper><Address><City>Longueuil</City><StateProvinceCode>QC</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>J4G 1T5</PostalCode><CountryCode>CA</CountryCode></Address></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><City>Rancho Santa Margarita</City><StateProvinceCode>CA</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>92688</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></ShipTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>KGS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>2.3</Weight></ShipmentWeight><Package><PackagingType><Code>02</Code></PackagingType><Dimensions><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>00</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Length>33.02</Length><Width>25.40</Width><Height>22.86</Height></Dimensions><PackageWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>KGS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>2.3</Weight></PackageWeight><OversizePackage>2</OversizePackage></Package></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

Receive: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>0</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Failure</ResponseStatusDescription><Error><ErrorSeverity>Hard</ErrorSeverity><ErrorCode>110547</ErrorCode><ErrorDescription>00 is not a valid unit of measurement for dimensions for this shipment</ErrorDescription></Error></Response></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>
If you have any suggestions I would appreciate.
Thanks,
Eric
Hi Eric,

I think it's because your L X W X H numbers aren't whole numbers, like they should be.

-Brandon

</UnitOfMeasurement><Length>33.02</Length><Width>25.40</Width><Height>22.86</Height>
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

freedom1029

Re: UPS UnitOfMeasurement Error

Post by freedom1029 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:24 am

The dimensions for this particular product is 13x10x9 inches. AB seems to convert the values to centimeters before to pass it to UPS. This might be normal specially due to our Canadian location? AB might use UPS Canada for their request and therefore converting the value to the metric system? So my guest would be that the UnitOfMeasurement should be centimeter but for some reason it's missing.
Any clue someone?
Thanks,
Eric