Ship only within the US

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
gio50000
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Ship only within the US

Post by gio50000 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:45 pm

How can I configure AC to only allow shipping within the US and not other countries?

Thanks,
Gio
Thank you,
Gio

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Ship only within the US

Post by mazhar » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:55 am

Configure shipping methods specific to desired zone only.

gio50000
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by gio50000 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:55 am

MAZHAR - I configured zones and selected "Contiguous US" and "Alaska and Hawaii" but the shipping estimator doesn't support the use of shipping zones (http://help.ablecommerce.com/mergedProj ... ipping.htm). Is this correct or does it relate to something else?

Any other thoughts on how can I configure AC to only allow shipping within the US and not other countries?

Thanks,
Gio
Thank you,
Gio

gio50000
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by gio50000 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:17 am

Guys,

I could use your help. Does anyone have an answer for my question below?

MAZHAR - I configured zones and selected "Contiguous US" and "Alaska and Hawaii" but the shipping estimator doesn't support the use of shipping zones (http://help.ablecommerce.com/mergedProj ... ipping.htm). Is this correct or does it relate to something else?

Any other thoughts on how can I configure AC to only allow shipping within the US and not other countries?

Thanks,
Gio
Thank you,
Gio

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:28 am

Ruthann at W2M came across something that might be your problem- I haven't checked it out yet, but she says it's happened twice to her while setting up sites.
I have come across a zone set up using the “exclude” list verses in the “includes” list and it does not work. M at xxx could not get international shipping methods to work. He had an international zone set up correctly to “Exclude Selected Countries” where he had US and Canada chosen which should have worked but didn’t. When I went in and changed it to “Include Selected Countries” and I manually chose all countries except US and Canada it worked fine and is returning shipping international shipping methods.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

gio50000
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by gio50000 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:44 am

JMESTEP - Thanks for your help but I don't understand the comment.

ABLECOMMERCE COMMUNITY - I only want to ship in the US. How do I exclude other countries from the checkout process and shipping estimator?

Thanks,
Gio
Thank you,
Gio

gio50000
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by gio50000 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:54 am

I could really use the community's help with this question. I modified the original question slightly to be more specific.

I can only ship within the US. How do I exclude other countries from the checkout process and shipping estimator (country drop-down menus)?

Thank you,
Gio
Thank you,
Gio

robgrigg
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by robgrigg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:16 am

I have the exact same constraint, except for the UK. I have not implemented this yet, but my plan is, an this will take a while, to remove all of the other contries from the configuration and leave just United Kingdom.

I am sure this will work. ~Would love to know if there is a better options.

Rob.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:10 am

What I was saying was that if you are trying to implement shipping to particular zones only, there might be a bug in Able - I haven't checked it out yet.
I was able to set a free shipping method to ship to a non-US zone and if I changed to a US address, then that method didn't show up. That is what mazhar is saying you can do. If a customer picks to ship to a country other than those you have allowed, no shippng methods will show up even though the country might be in the select box. If you don't want countries to not even show up, you can delete those countries in Configure-->Regions-->Countries.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

paularonw
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by paularonw » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:52 pm

We have configured our Shipping Zones in Able 7.0.3 to include only USA and APO/FPO states.

We only have three shipping zones:
Alaska/Hawaii - only inludes United States "country" and Alaska, Hawaii "provinces"
Contiguous US - only inclues United States "country" and all "provinces" except Alaska, Hawaii
APO/FPO - only inludes United States "country" and APO/FPO AA, APO/FPO AE, APO/FPO AP "provinces"

None of my Zones include Canada, yet I am still getting the odd order from Canada.

None of my Shipping Methods allow for shipping to any other country other than USA.

When I try to enter a new shipping address, it only allows United States as country (field is disabled and set to United States)

So here is what I did to recreate the problem.
1. I logged into Able as the user from Canada
2. I put items in her cart
3. I checked out and the ship to address that is in her account is from Canada, I selected that ship to address
4. Able asked for billing address. I could enter address from ANY country here.
5. When I got to the checkout page where we choose shipping method, none of the shipping options are in the drop-down and it lets me continue without choosing one.

How would this happen? How do I fix it?

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by RichWendrock » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Can we get an update on this issue? In version 7.0.6, I do not see a way to complete the purchase when there are no shipping methods.
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634