Firefox: The page isn't redirecting properly

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
michaelg
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Firefox: The page isn't redirecting properly

Post by michaelg » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:13 am

The store was closed for everyone and the site disclaimer message set to let customers know that the products shipped may not look like in the pictures. After a day running properly I have begun to get the following message from Firefox (IE displayed other error message):

"The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

I could not get into the site, I thought it might be the hosting company (GoDaddy) because of some URL rewriting module installed without my knowledge. I did not bother to call GaDaddy, I wanted to make sure the issue is not coming from my side, so I debugged the redirection using IE and Fiddler. From what I have seen the StoreClosed.aspx gets requested, then Disclaimer.aspx and then StoreClosed.aspx again and so on in a redirection loop. I suspected that it might be a bug in AbleCommerce, and I went back to the database and checked the ac_StoreSettings table and set the "StoreFrontClosed" field value back to 0 (it was the only way to get the site up and running again).

I hope someone from the AbleCommerce team can shed some light regarding this issue.

Michael

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Firefox: The page isn't redirecting properly

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:46 am

Hello Michael,

You have a site disclaimer message AND the store is also closed? I'm a bit confused as you'd indicated that it worked properly for a day and then the behavior changed.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

michaelg

Post by michaelg » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Hello, Mike.

Those were the changes I did until the store ended up in the redirecting loop. Firstly, I set a disclaimer and then I decided to close the store due to some catalog changes. The next morning I started to have the issue specified above, I thought that you might want to reproduce the same behaviour. If you can't I guess it's on my part but I have no idea what it could be. I will give it a try on a development machine and see what happens.

Thanks,
Michael

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello Michael,

We were able to replicate the redirect loop in this situation. I'll get it reported in the meantime remember to disable the disclaimer before closing the store.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook