Urgent shipping question - Please Help!

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Urgent shipping question - Please Help!

Post by igavemybest » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:01 pm

I just found out that AC7 doent calculate an order by the total in the basket, it calculates order total per warehouse. If someone orders $150 from one warehouse and $150 from the other, how can I have free shipping on all orders over $250? Please help me on this!

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Urgent shipping question - Please Help!

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm

Hello,

This would require customization or the simple answer is to put the products into a single warehouse, so there is just a single shipment per order.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by igavemybest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:02 am

That could work. I would have to have the name of the vendor in the vendor notification email so we can tell what vendor the item is shipping from. What would be the NVelocity for that?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:15 am

You can adjust the vendors for your products from EditProduct screen. Vendor Notification Email template do care about vendor specific information. Here is a related thread I think
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8571

igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by igavemybest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Actually, no, this wont work. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way and I'll just incorporate another related issue into this.

We have vendors and manufacturers that dropship for us if we don't stock the product. We also have our own warehouses. This means we have get the tracking numbers from our own shipping accounts, then we have our vendor accounts we have to check also. When items are shipped, we need to know where to look for the tracking numbers for the items shipped from the different vendors. When you click on SHIP on the backend, it doesnt break up the items into any grouping, they are just all together. They need to be broken up into groups, by vendor or warehouse, then ship items from each warehouse or vendor. Is there a simple way to do this, or am I going to have to get into a lot of custom programming?

Now as far as the item total by warehouse...what is the purpose of that? Most any online store you go to has a "spend more than x and get shipping free"....and there is no way to do that here when items are properly allocated the the appropriate warehouses and vendors? That doesn't make sense to me.

igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by igavemybest » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Anyone have any suggestions on this? It seems a counter-intuitive way of operating.

AnySupport
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by AnySupport » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:48 am

Shopping Cart Admin wrote:Hello,

This would require customization or the simple answer is to put the products into a single warehouse, so there is just a single shipment per order.
I realize this post is from years ago, but we were just discovering this same issue in Gold R9 for setting up and Shipping discount coupon for over $x in an order.

The client charges a flat rate basic shipping fee (which can be sent UPS Surepost or USPS as fit, usually SurePost though) or other USPS and UPS rates on a qty basis. However they have a segment of products that if purchased with their primary products, do not count towards the quantity rates. The only solution for this was to build a warehouse for the same physical location for each group of products, to be able to correctly break out the shipping method qualifying charges.
And on top of that this client handles a lot of back orders and exchanges, so even if all products ordered were from the same warehouse, multiple shipments are completely unavoidable.

The coupon will appear on the customer checkout page, but the shipping segmentation occurs afterwards and so the customer would see the coupon, but the coupon would not appear in admin for processing the order to even flag the order processor that the coupon was entered to begin with. The only clue is that the summary page total is higher than the created payment total.
The client is trying to have this system reduce manual oversights and large easy loopholes that would allow data entry errors, so yes, this $ discrepancy is a clue, but it could be easily missed. And since coupons cannot be added in admin yet except via manually entering the code(with no validation against defined coupons), this is not a very reliable approach in the long run.

There is already a lot of additional custom for various unrelated business needs, but we'd really like to avoid having to now customize all coupon handling as well.

Is there any chance an alternate solution has been found or created for this in Gold?
Or might be in the works for a future release?

While it wouldn't be an immediate solution, down the road there is a desire to get rid of the current warehouse platform and we'd be looking at possibly Worldship, or anything that already integrates to try and reduce patchwork integrations.
Has anyone found that any of those product integrations can resolve this sort of issue?

Thank you!