Shipping "target" date

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
confused
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Shipping "target" date

Post by confused » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:06 am

Hi,
Along with regular Fedex shipping options (Overnight, ground and 2nd day),
I would like to allow customers to enter “target” shipping date in check out page.
Since there is no such field in ordershipments table is there some other field that I can use?
If I add “targetField” in the ordershipments table how can I manipulate it (save, edit, show it on the page etc…) ?
One more question. Is there, out of box, solution that if customer enters some perishable products (fish etc …) into the basket, that only “overnight” shipping option becomes available?

Thank you!

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Shipping "target" date

Post by mazhar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:48 am

I would like to allow customers to enter “target” shipping date in check out page.
Since there is no such field in ordershipments table is there some other field that I can use?
If I add “targetField” in the ordershipments table how can I manipulate it (save, edit, show it on the page etc…) ?
Make use of ac_CustomFields table. Have a look at this thread
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8651
One more question. Is there, out of box, solution that if customer enters some perishable products (fish etc …) into the basket, that only “overnight” shipping option becomes available?
In shipping methods add new shipping method let's say Overnight Shipping. Then create new warehouse. Mark overnight shipping method available to only newly created warehouse. Then edit product and set its warehouse to newly created warehouse. This will make overnight shipping method available for products that belong to newly created warehouse.

confused
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Shipping "target" date

Post by confused » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:03 am

Thank you very much!