Interesting Scenario

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
heinscott
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Interesting Scenario

Post by heinscott » Thu May 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Hello! I am in the process of creating a new website, and I would love to use AbleCommerce as the base due to its easy to work with structure and the fact that I've been using it for the past 2 years :). Here is my situation. My customer only sells products by the truckload. Each truck will contain between 21-24 pallets, each of which will be composed of a certain number of cases of product, the number of cases being dependant upon the product that is selected. Now, in the past (I believe 7.03??), this wouldn't have been as big of a problem due to the fact that you could just programatically create custom "kits" on the fly. Now, however, I heard that in the newest version of Able, the kits are a lot less flexible, and that this method would no longer work.
Any ideas for me? I'd love to pursue the simplest method to accomplish this, with the least amount of customization. Even if I must customize (which I fully expect), any good strategies you might suggest would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help.

Scott

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Re: Interesting Scenario

Post by compunerdy » Thu May 27, 2010 9:38 pm

They did not get less flexible. At least not that I know of..

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Fri May 28, 2010 6:31 am

On thing missing in 7.0.4 and I can't remember if it was in 7.0.3 or not. There is no link to attach to an existing kit, but the admin page is still there and works, the link is just missing. I don't know if that was what you were referencing,though.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

Mike718NY
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by Mike718NY » Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm

jmestep wrote:On thing missing in 7.0.4 and I can't remember if it was in 7.0.3 or not. There is no link to attach to an existing kit, but the admin page is still there and works, the link is just missing. I don't know if that was what you were referencing,though.
I think I discovered this last year. See the last post here:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11258

Is this what you are talking about?