Gift Certificate Coupon

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
wilhud
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Gift Certificate Coupon

Post by wilhud » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:31 pm

I've setup a gift certificate for $25 on our Able Commerce site. They want to offer 20% of that particular gift certificate. I tried adding a coupon and applying it to the certificate, but when I use it in the store, the discount is not applied. Says 'The coupon code you've entered does not apply to any of the products in your basket'. Does that mean coupons cannot be applied to gift cerificates? Or am I maybe doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Wil

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Gift Certificate Coupon

Post by plugables » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:42 am

Gift Certificate is also a product in AbleCommerce. I see no reason why a coupon can't be applied to a gift certificate but who knows... may be there is some restriction in AbleCommerce that prevents coupons from getting applied on gift certificates? Someone from Able needs to confirm.

wilhud
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by wilhud » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:24 pm

That's what I thought as well, but it does not appear to be working on my version of AC. I'm currently using AbleCommerce 7.0.2 build 11659

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:48 am

There is a restriction in Able code where coupons don't apply to gift certificates in the CouponCalculator.ApplyProductCoupon in the source code

if (item.OrderItemType == OrderItemType.Product && !item.IsChildItem && item.Product!=null && !item.Product.IsGiftCertificate)
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx