OPC Checkout JS Error

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
dappy2
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

OPC Checkout JS Error

Post by dappy2 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:50 am

Hi -

I'm getting an error on the "Continue" button click.

Error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Invalid column name 'UsePCPM'.

Invalid column name 'UsePCPM'.
Source File: http://dev.drugtestcentral.com/ScriptRe ... ff90fdb924
Line: 5

This is using both my custom OnePageCheckout.ascx file and the default OnePageCheckout.ascx file.

I'm using 7.0.5 and just starting to customize that page for design. The continue button causes validation, the Shipping "Billing address/New Address" work to show/hide the appropriate sections, but when the billing address is valid, it throws the error above.

Edit: I also removed all my javascript (mostly jquery/ plugins) and still received the error on the default file. Using Firefox on Mac.

Thanks - Dappy.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: OPC Checkout JS Error

Post by mazhar » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:38 am

Well I don't think so that we have a column with this name in our database. Seems like it should be something custom. Can you search your OnePageCheckout.ascx and OnePageCheckout.ascx.cs files to locate the code that's trying to make use of this column. That may provide a hint about error.

dappy2
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by dappy2 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 am

I've searched the files and there isn't anything like that. The default file doesn't have any customizations and I haven't done any code customizations. Just design and some updates to remove HTML tables. Using a Firefox plugin to go to the error - it points to the attached file - which is a ScriptResource.axd (Long query string).

EDIT: I did some more digging and changing things. I switched to the Checkout with Login. During that going to the page: /Checkout/ShipMethod.aspx (which I haven't even opened any files associated with it results in this error:

Code: Select all

Server Error in '/' Application.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'UsePCPM'.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'UsePCPM'.
Invalid column name 'UsePCPM'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1953274
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4849707
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +96
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
   CommerceBuilder.Data.Database.a(DbCommand A_0, CommandBehavior A_1) +92
   CommerceBuilder.Data.Database.ExecuteReader(DbCommand command) +100
   CommerceBuilder.Shipping.ShipZoneDataSource.LoadForAddress(String countryCode, Int32 provinceId, String postalCode) +169
   CommerceBuilder.Orders.BasketShipment.get_ShipZones() +67
   CommerceBuilder.Shipping.ShipMethodDataSource.LoadForShipment(IShipment shipment) +119
   CommerceBuilder.Shipping.ShipRateQuoteDataSource.QuoteForShipment(IShipment shipment) +63
   ConLib_ShipMethodPage.ShipmentRepeater_ItemDataBound(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +352
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +108
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +136
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +443
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +51
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +75
   ConLib_ShipMethodPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +283
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4206; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4205 

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:00 am

Seems like I missed something. I just ran search on our install scripts and I can see that we have a column named UsePCPM in ac_ShipZones table. Its about postal code pattern matching support. Did you upgraded your website to 7.0.5 or is this a fresh install? What is the version of your SQL server? Confirm that you have this column in ac_ShipZones table.

dappy2
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by dappy2 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 am

Yeah.. Apparently either the SQL scripts didn't run, or perhaps I didn't run the upgrade properly. I had IT run the sql scripts and all is good now.

Whoops. Thanks for the help.