Global.asax Issues / License Problem?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
relish1227
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Global.asax Issues / License Problem?

Post by relish1227 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:41 am

Hi.

We had our 7.0.4 AC site running back in February under a temp domain.... and then it sat there for several months ... and now the client is ready to launch it. However, if you access the site now, there are errors (see below). This is really odd because no changes have been made to the store or to the server since it was working.

When I first contacted AC support, they said it was because they'd canceled the temp license that went with the temp domain -- and that I needed to delete the commercebuilder.lic file. I did this, but still got the error -- and so wasn't able to add the new license.

Here's the error:

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'StringHelper' does not exist in the current context

Code: Select all

Line 36:     {
Line 37:         //SAVE THE REFERRER FOR USE BY THE ORDER MODULE
Line 38:         if (Request.UrlReferrer != null) Session["SessionReferrerUrl"] = StringHelper.Truncate(Request.UrlReferrer.ToString(), 255);
Line 39:     }
It seems unable to find the library used for this function... so, just to see what would happen, I commented out this line. It then gets stuck on another function.

My guess is that this has nothing to do with StringHelper or the global.asax but rather with something larger being out of place. Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks.

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Global.asax Issues / License Problem?

Post by s_ismail » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:52 am

Give a try like this

CommerceBuilder.Utility.StringHelper.Truncate(Request.UrlReferrer.ToString(), 255);

relish1227
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by relish1227 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:59 am

Thanks! That did get me further. There were 3-4 instances in the Global.asax where it was having that same issue -- and when I put "CommerceBuilder.Utility." in front of the function, it appeared to work.

The next issue I got was a reference to the Intelligensia Rewriter in the web.config -- which looked like it was missing the Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll. I don't know if AC uses this? But I am familiar with it from other projects, so I moved it into the /bin/ folder, just to see what would happen.

The next thing I run into is that it doesn't know what an updatepanel is. This seems weird because I see the AjaxControlToolkit.dll in the /bin/ folder, too...

Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'ajax:UpdatePanel'.

Line 1:  <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="EditScriptlet.ascx.cs" Inherits="Layouts_EditScriptlet" %>
Line 2:  <ajax:UpdatePanel ID="EditScriptletAjax" runat="server">
Line 3:      <ContentTemplate>
Line 4:          <div class="section">
Maybe I should also note: this store is installed in the /store/ folder of the main site. However, I instructed the server host to make /store/ it's own application in IIS. So it should act as it's own website there... but the reference to the URLRewriter makes me wonder if something else is up. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

relish1227
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by relish1227 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:19 am

Figured out the issue... as I suspected, it was a bigger issue, not really related to AC, and it is resolved.