Exchange Rate History

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
zxcjason
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Exchange Rate History

Post by zxcjason » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 pm

On our site we have two currencies (base currency is USD), and I'm working on generating sales report in both currencies, but we want the second currency to be calculated at the exchange rate of the order date. I notice that ablecommerce keeps track of exchange rate history, but I cannot find anything in the API documentation about that. There is a page in the admin that shows the exchange rate history and it access a class called "ExchangeRateHistory", I can't find anything in the doc though. Could anyone help me with that?

We are using AbleCommerce 7.0

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Exchange Rate History

Post by mazhar » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:19 am

I don't think so that we are maintaining exchange rate history in AbleCommerce. You have to maintain that log your self. For example upon order placement store current currency and its exchange rate information. Then use that information for reporting purpose.

zxcjason
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Exchange Rate History

Post by zxcjason » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks! It was actually a custom class written by someone who worked on the site before me, no wonder I couldn't find any info.