Google Checkout and Shipping Rates

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Thistle3408
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Google Checkout and Shipping Rates

Post by Thistle3408 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:25 am

Here's a symptom.

We had a order from Finland that ordered an item and went to Google Checkout.
When they got to Google Checkout, there were no shipping options and/or rates.
We have one shipping option "Customer pays..." where a customer can select that method and add their own UPS, FedEx, etc. account information for shipping. That appeared, but no FedEx rates.

So, the customer selected that "Customer pays..." option and no other instructions (that's understandable) as it was the only option present to them.

So, investigating this I found:
1. AC had in fact sent the XML to FedEx and FedEx did in fact reply with rates.
2. All the logs (error log, debug, page views, etc.) do not show anything unusual.
3. I tried to recreate the problem
a. Added item to cart
b. Went to Google Checkout and logged in as me
c. When I first got the google checkout screen all the rates were shown (because I am a super user, all the rates, including UPS, USPS and FedEx were shown) but they were all $0.00. If I were not a super user, I bet the only rate that would have been shown was the "customer pay..." one.
d. For some reason I went off that page and came back (that sequence might be a red herring) and when I looked again there were rates on the google checkout screen. Ex: Shipping and Handling -- FedEx Ground $11.90 and others.

So, what I think is happening (but can't confirm yet) is that there is a delay. My sense is that AC passes the order (items, etc.) to Google and, once the FedEx XML sequence/exchange is complete, then sends the shipping options and rates to Google Check out.
Perhaps being more remote, our customer in Finland might have encountered a longer delay than even I did in getting those rates updated/displayed on his Google Checkout page.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Is there a way to prevent this from reoccurring?

edinos
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Re: Google Checkout and Shipping Rates

Post by edinos » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:16 am

I've had nothing but trouble with Ablecommerce and google checkout well. Had a person checkout yesterday and they were not charged anything for express shipping. I think we may have to just give up on it, nobody has an answer.

Thistle3408
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by Thistle3408 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:06 pm

If it helps I found a parameter in the Zones set up that seemed to make a difference.

It was to include or exclude all provinces. Seems that the parameter should have had nothing to do with the problem and FedEx was reporting an error but it was a red herring.

Try checking parameters like this in the shipping set ups.

I'd be more specific but my tenure at the employer I worked for with AC is now at an end.

edinos

Post by edinos » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Thank you I will check.

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by RichWendrock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 am

Does anyone have an update on the status of Google check-out?
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634