BlogEngine.Net use Able objects - commercebuilder

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
dappy2
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

BlogEngine.Net use Able objects - commercebuilder

Post by dappy2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:09 am

I'm going to be running BlogEngine.Net under the AbleCommerce installation (url.com/blog/). I've seen the posts about modifying the web.config of Able so BlogEngine can run.

What I'm curious about is whether or not I can call Able controls within blogengine. Basically I'll want to build the category navigation, show users if they have something in their basket and maybe put some products in the blog. I don't want it to look like the user has gone to our blog site, rather the blog is just sitting inside our website. The ability to dynamically build the category list and a basket alert (using the header basket control that's in the forums) are the most important so that I can theme blogengine to look exactly the same as the website. I'll probably use the same CSS file and everything.

Has anyone done this or have any advice? Not sure how to start.

Thanks!
Dappy

dappy2
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: BlogEngine.Net use Able objects - commercebuilder

Post by dappy2 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:23 pm

This is somewhat of a bump.

So I've got BlogeEngine.Net 2 (release candidate) running under my Able installation on a dev server - as a web app.

I followed these instructions from BlogEngine forums to resolve conflicts. They are clearly from an able user: http://blogengine.codeplex.com/Thread/V ... adId=53779

What I want to know, is can I have some the able references load and how or where would I even begin to look to do that. Obviously something with the web.config or adding the bin files to the blog app?. For instance, I would like to be able to do the following:
1.Show if a user has items in their basket (user control based on header cart control. See in action by adding item to cart and going back to any page other than the homepage, www.drugtestcentral.com)

2. Load the categories - I need to duplicate my navigation (Products Drop down on website, www.drugtestcentral.com)

3. Possibly be able to insert a product into a blog post with a user control (My Control passes a productID, http://www.drugtestcentral.com/parent-r ... ogram.aspx)

Thanks if anyone has any ideas or has done something like this.
Dappy