Change Ablecommerce installation path.

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Carolharry
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Change Ablecommerce installation path.

Post by Carolharry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:52 am

Hello,

We have purchased ablecommerce an year ago. We have given the license key and everything worked fine. Ablecomerce was first installed at "c:\xxx" folder. Later on we moved the ablecommerce folder to "e:\xxx" folder and also changed the "ablecommerce.config" file and put "demoMode=true". Which means the store was running in DEMO mode on the server. As a result the Order receipts have "DEMO DEMO" as firstname and lastname. I know that if the "demoMode=false" then order receipt will show the customers "firstname and lastname". So I changed demoMode=false in "ablecommerce.config" file. Now the site says "Your intial installation was on c:\xxx and now changed to e:\xxx. Move the folder path the installed path or update the license key file". I followed one of the forums to update license key by deleting "Commercebuilder.lic" and now it says the license key was already installed. Get a new license key to install.

How can I change the application to run in "Live" mode for our internal server by changing "demoMode=true" and successfully visit all the pages.

It's urgent.

Appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks,
Carol

HaterTot
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Change Ablecommerce installation path.

Post by HaterTot » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 pm

if you change the installation path or if you change the store URL, you have to request a license key reset.

http://help.ablecommerce.com/installati ... _for_7.htm

They're pretty expedient about responding to the requests but I'd just move it back to the original installation folder if that's not a problem

Carolharry
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Change Ablecommerce installation path.

Post by Carolharry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Wow....Having lock on the physical location of the application is weird.
Anyways, Thanks so much for the information.