Paymentech DTD failure

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
bsweeney
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Paymentech DTD failure

Post by bsweeney » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:18 pm

We occasionally receive orders from customers outside the U.S. So far we have been unable to process the credit card information for these customers. For example, when we process an order from a resident of Germany we receive the following error: Request does not adhere to the DTD. Please correct and send again. (05)

Our payment gateway is Paymentech. A quick search around the web for information on the DTD and I think I know what's wrong. The DTD information I found specifies that valid values for the AVS country (AVScountryCode) are:

US – United States
CA – Canada
GB – Great Britain
UK – United Kingdom
" " – Blank for all other countries

AbleCommerce is sending the country code no matter what country is specified (DE in the case of the example cited above).

Assuming the information I found is relevant, this would cause a DTD failure. Can someone at AbleCommerce confirm this?

bsweeney
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Paymentech DTD failure

Post by bsweeney » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:36 am

FYI for anyone else using Paymentech and experiencing this issue. The dev team supplied me with an update that addresses the issue. I would imagine that a public patch will be released after further testing has been done.