Can't get shipping rates via USPS for Puerto Rico

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
snap624
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Can't get shipping rates via USPS for Puerto Rico

Post by snap624 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:54 pm

Ablecommerce lists Puerto Rico as a foreign country and USPS sees Puerto Rico as domestic. I think this is the reason why I can't get USPS to display or calculate rates for Puerto Rico when using USPS integrated shipping with our store. Is their a patch or work around for this problem? We have AC 7.0.3

snap624
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: Can't get shipping rates via USPS for Puerto Rico

Post by snap624 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am

No, sorry. We have no trouble with UPS diplaying for Puerto Rico. It's the postal service we are having the trouble with rates displaying. We have Puerto Rico set up as a zone. We aslo have a US zone, and an International zone (for various other countries). Everything works fine except for Puerto Rico. We get, "No shipping methods are available for the current items and/or the given destination." Even though we have USPS methods set up for the Peurto Rico zone. Like I mentioned earlier the Post Office see Puerto Rico as domestic shipping. Ablecommerce lists Puerto Rico as another country (not a US state).

Has anyone else got their set up to work? If so, can you please advise me how to do this? I want to use the integrated USPS shipping, not set up my own fixed rates etc.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Has this been since the beginning of the year? USPS changed some ship method names and there is a patch on the forums. I think FredM posted it.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

snap624
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by snap624 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Frankly, I don't know if it has always been a problem. We don't get too many orders from Puerto Rico; I just noticed recently that it is a problem. We have already applied the patch that was affecting USPS issues at the beginning of the year. The patch did not fix this issue. Is there anyone out there that is getting the USPS integrated shipping to work with Puerto Rico? Zip code ranges for Puerto Rico (006XX-007XX and 009XX ranges)

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:28 am

I believe this is related to one issue fixed in 7.0.6. Have a look at your database's ac_Countries table and then go to Puerto Rico record row. There you will see a column AddressFormat. If has value something like

Code: Select all

[Company]  [Name]  [Address1]  [Address2]  [City_U], PR [PostalCode]  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
then you need to remove PR from postal code section for example after modification it should look like

[Company]  [Name]  [Address1]  [Address2]  [City_U], [PostalCode]  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Now try again and check if shipping methods are showing for Puerto Rico or not.

Mizmo67
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by Mizmo67 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

We are also experiancing this problem.

UPS rates are displaying for territories PR, GU, etc.
but USPS will not display at all and our customers there will want the USPS rates.

The above solution where PR was removed from the country addressing code did not work.

Has anyone found a solution?

~Thanks, Mo
~Mo

Maureen Albertson
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts LLC
Contact Me Via Store Website
Ablecommerce Gold R11 Catalog LIVE

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:07 am

We got it to work, but I don't remember how. I'll pass this forum link on to Connie- she's our USPS queen.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

Mizmo67
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by Mizmo67 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:19 am

Thank you, Judy. Any help is appreciated as this is causing immediate problems with orders already.

I'm still tinkering today trying to figure this out. I tested all the territories this morning. I had missed "UNITED STATES" which needed to read "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" according to the above post and changed that, but it's still not working.

List was the format originally in the country code for these:

[Company]
[Name]
[Address1]
[Address2]
[City_U], AS [PostalCode]
UNITED STATES
PR, (displays UPS rates only)
Doesn't matter if "PR" etc, is in the country code or not, I only get UPS.

[Company]
[Name]
[Address1]
[Address2]
[City_U], [PostalCode]
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
If using these as Countries, GU, VI, MP, AS, FM, MH are broken entirely, no rates.

UPDATE: 2:19 PM
For experimental purposes, I tried removing PR, GU, VI, MP, AS, FM, MH from the Countries and added them as provinces in the U.S.
Now I have the opposite problem, and get USPS not UPS. But at least for now, I can get the USPS out there for my regulars.

Still need a solution that will display both. Having it in both Countries and U.S. Provinces did not work, I only get USPS.

Thanks
~Mo
~Mo

Maureen Albertson

WebDev7
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by WebDev7 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:16 am

Hi - maybe I can help.
We had a tough time to get these to work also, I looked back in the Admin, and tried to go thru the steps we took to get this to work for you. The name "United States" will come up in the dropdown, and the customer will have to look for Puerto Rico in the listing of States.

Please try this:
In Countries look for United States. Then ADD PR for PuertoRico, Save.
-----
Next Add Puerto RIco as a ZoNE , then EDIT PuertoRico after you created it:

Country Filter:
Include Selected Counties --> United States (Select the states.. not Puerto Rico though, also it shouldnt show every state, just "United States")
Province FIlter: Include Selected Provinces -->PuertoRico

----
Then Method USPS Priority mail International:

In the Zones select : (radio button) Selected Zones --> (dropdown) United states, International and PuertoRico.
-----

You will also need to apply the full patch and file for the USPS Patch to your site.

It is difficult to configure when each Admin is set up different ( business rules). We had to experiment ALOT to get these to work correctly on various sites. I hope it works the first time for you. This ones a toughie :-)

Mizmo67
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by Mizmo67 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:14 am

Thanks, WebDev7

I'll keep tinkering using the notes you supplied and see what we get.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson