AbleCommerce & ERP Integration

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
shimp
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

AbleCommerce & ERP Integration

Post by shimp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Hello,

Is anyone using AC with Visioncore ERP by Comtech? I am currently looking into this and was hoping for some insight. Also is there any other accounting packages that have been successfully integrated with AC??

Thanks
Jim

WylieE
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: AbleCommerce & ERP Integration

Post by WylieE » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Do a search and you'll find some of my posts relating to the troubles we've had with VC and their bridge. We would *NOT* recommend either product.

We are currently shopping MAS 90 and their Visual Integrator against MS Dynamics GP & eBridge. Both offer mature and robust ERP systems.
Eric Wylie
Warmoth Guitar Products, Inc.
http://www.warmoth.com

shimp
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by shimp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

WylieE wrote:Do a search and you'll find some of my posts relating to the troubles we've had with VC and their bridge. We would *NOT* recommend either product.

We are currently shopping MAS 90 and their Visual Integrator against MS Dynamics GP & eBridge. Both offer mature and robust ERP systems.
WylieE.. Thanks for your response, i did see all that you posted on this topic, I was hoping that the newer version of both products rectified most issues.

We thougth about looking into MAS90 but was affraid of the costs?? Have you any idea what it will cost to go with MAS90? Also, it sounds like you are happy with AC, or is there anything that you think Ac is lacking?

Jim

WylieE
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by WylieE » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Jim,

Unfortunately, the most recent updates solved some problems but created others and was the last straw for us. There's a tremendous amount of potential there, but has never delivered.

In retrospect, going with a more robust system would have ultimately been less expensive in the long run. We burned hundreds of hours testing and debuging errors and their patches. We would be done by now instead of starting over.
Eric Wylie

triplw
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by triplw » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:00 pm

WylieE,
Did you ever decide on an accounting system? If so could you share your experience with the integration process?

much thanks,
TriplW

WylieE
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by WylieE » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:30 pm

After looking at MAS90 and Dynamics GP, management took a turn and picked Quickbooks Enterprise.

We tried eBridge for integration between the AC and QB but they could not accomodate our customization requests. We burned too much time with them. We gave the AbleMods integration bridge a shot and had it running in a few days. Kudos to Joe. He's been great to work with; far better than most of the big boys out there.
Eric Wylie