Problem with homepage title after 7.06 upgrade

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Humannature
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Problem with homepage title after 7.06 upgrade

Post by Humannature » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:19 pm

We have just upgraded from 7.0 to 7.06 version and now have a problem with our homepage title. It is titled homepage instead of our custom name. I changed it originally with out a problem by editing the title in the default.aspx file. Now it does not work and shows the title as "homepage".

Here is the code from default.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Layouts/Scriptlet.master" Inherits="CommerceBuilder.Web.UI.AbleCommercePage" Title="BIGGS LTD-Jay Strongwater, WDCC, Lladro Porcelain Figurines, Swarovski Crystal, Giuseppe Armani Statues, Steinbach Nutcrackers, Franz Porcelain Collection, Nao Porcelain" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="CommerceBuilder.Web" Namespace="CommerceBuilder.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts" TagPrefix="cb" %>
<asp:Content runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="PageContent">
<cb:ScriptletPart ID="Biggs Limited Editions" runat="server" Layout="Three Column" Content="Home Page" Sidebar="Standard Sidebar 1" Sidebar2="Standard Sidebar 2Home" Header="Standard Header" Footer="Standard Footer" Title="Biggs Limited Editions" AllowClose="False" AllowMinimize="false" />
</asp:Content>

I can force it by adding the <title> tag to the header section but that creates 2 title tags in the code.

This is killing our SEO.

Please help
Thank You So Much

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Re: Problem with homepage title after 7.06 upgrade

Post by compunerdy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Using 7.0.6 as well and changed it in the same location and it works fine.. not sure why it will not work for you.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:42 am

I think it should work. I don't see any reason why its not working provided that you don't have any other customization that is trying to enforce title through code file. Well one thought could be to make sure you are doing FTP properly and file with new changes is getting uploaded.

Humannature

Post by Humannature » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm

It seems that our developer did not change the directory when they did the upgrade so the changes we were making were being sent to the wrong place and did not show on the site. They updated this and homepage title changes without a problem.

Thanks