Disappearing AbleCommerce Bar

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Little John
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Disappearing AbleCommerce Bar

Post by Little John » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:42 pm

We just recently upgraded to the new 7.0.6 version and noticed a problem. On some of our computers (not all of them are doing this which is the strange part), when we login to the AbleCommerce dashboard, we do not see the drop down menu bar.

In the previous version there is a bar that runs across the page, under the AbleCommerce logo, with options such as ‘Manage’, ‘Catalog’, ‘Marketing’, ‘People’, ‘Reports’, etc. This bar seems to have disappeared on some of our computers so that when we login on one computer we can’t see it but using the same login we can see it on another computer.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this or is it some sort of bug? We have the same problem if we try and log in to the Super Admin on the afflicted computers as well.

We also noticed that the ‘Sales Over Time’, ‘Product Popularity’, and other graphs have also disappeared when we go to the Dashboard. The names of the graphs are still there but the information isn’t. Not sure if that helps but I figured I would include it as well.

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: Disappearing AbleCommerce Bar

Post by sweeperq » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:28 am

Do you have different users set up with different roles? Did you modify the roles that could access different information in Admin/menu.sitemap before the upgrade? The reason I ask is that I believe this file gets overwritten for the update.

Little John
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Little John » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 am

No we have never modified that file.

Also it is not specific logins that are experiencing the problems its specific computers (as far as we can tell). We can login as the Super Admin on one computer and see the bar, and then sign in to the Super Admin on one of the afflicted PC, and not see the bar.

SteveHiner
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by SteveHiner » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:06 pm

I believe I have narrowed this down to an issue with our host.

I noticed that we're getting javascript errors saying "Sys is undefined". That led me to this page:
http://weblogs.asp.net/chrisri/archive/ ... fined.aspx

Using Fiddler2 I was able to discover that the web server is returning 404 errors for .axd files so our ajax scripts aren't loading. I believe this is due to the fact that we had to switch from the .Net 2.0 classic pipeline to the integrated pipeline in order to utilize some of the new features after our recent update to 7.0.6.
Steve