Contract Position for Posting Products

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
DelectablyYoursDecor
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Contract Position for Posting Products

Post by DelectablyYoursDecor » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:24 am

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to locate someone already familiar with AbleCommerce for adding new products? Edit and upload photos, insure proper keywords, descriptions are SEO to match the item etc.. I am not looking to do this through data port. I have had 2 different people I have trained that moved on, one to starting their own site with a similar product line. This one isn't competition but I don't want that either. I don't want to take the time to train if they are going to leave in a year or so.

Each were paid $5 per item (no variants or options - templates / categories created & only need to change specifics ) On this basis they could have made a decent part time income only adding 20 products per day. Do you think the payment schedule is fair?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. You can reply here or email me direct at info@delectably-yours.com

Thanks!

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Contract Position for Posting Products

Post by RichWendrock » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Gail,
It takes a minimum of 15-20 minutes per item and often times longer depending on the condition of the photo. That includes CSS formatting the product description with unique title and meta description for each product. Which you do not have now. I think $5 per item is a little low if you expect an expert level of SEO at the same time. Perhaps $10 per item would be fair for more advanced level of competence. Also, do not discount dataport. It is a good way to knockout a good bit of the work. Especially if you use SKU numbers for the names of your photos. An excel Macro can make short work of many of the fields. We can do that work but not at the price you are asking.
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634