No email sent when Payment Authorized, only with PayPal

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
WebDev7
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

No email sent when Payment Authorized, only with PayPal

Post by WebDev7 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:57 am

Hello -
I have a client that would like to send an email out when the customer payment is "Payment Authorized" (this was already selected in the email templates). This works great for the standard credit cards that are being processed through PAYFLOW: The card is Authorized, the email sent, my Client captures at the end of day.

Now when my clients customers use PAYPAL Gateway...their order is Authorized through PayPal and this displays "payment Pending" in ADMIN>ORDERS and in ADMIN>ORDERS> payments it shows "Authorized Success". There is no email that gets sent out this time.

Also, If my client uses trigger "On Order Placed" - they will get people NOT paying for their orders becuase customers may get notification in OUTLOOK email that their order is processing while they may just be finishing up the PayPal Payment on PayPal.com, and back out of the process.

Anyone have any ideas why this is not being sent?

They are on AC706 - PayPal IPN (althoug they have the API Set up as well - but no "PayPalexpress button conlib was called").

Thank you in advance.

Mizmo67
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: No email sent when Payment Authorized, only with PayPal

Post by Mizmo67 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:21 pm

We are also currently having this trigger problem in 7.0.6

We have a Ready to Process status triggered when Payment Authorized.
Works fine for the credit cards, but it isn't triggering when Paypal is authorized.

We really need this trigger to work, has anyone come up with a solution?

Thanks
~Mo

Maureen Albertson
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts LLC
Contact Me Via Store Website
Ablecommerce Gold R11 Catalog LIVE

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Fri May 13, 2011 3:49 am

We were just talking about this yesterday in relation to automatically activating digital goods when an order payment was captured. It works fine on charge card orders, but there is a time lag on PayPal orders. The only way I could think of handling it would be putting code on the receipt page to activate the digital good and send emails in a different way if it was Paypal- put code in to trigger sending the email. We ran into a similar problem before Able fixed a bug in the Avalara tax integration - if the order had digital goods, there was a problem getting the order flagged as payment authorized, even though it was going thru Authorize.net OK. I put code on the receipt page to update the order status to payment authorized if the order had digital goods. There might have been a few orders were payment wasn't actually captured, but the digital goods were low cost so the merchant wasn't out much if the payment wasn't actually authorized.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

Mizmo67
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by Mizmo67 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:21 pm

The problem is probably a coding issue that has to be addressed in future builds, because the Payment status when it is credit card or paypal authorized shows as "Authorized" on the Order Manager and in the payment section. So it should trigger fine for both, but doesn't.

It's appears that it's the source coded triggering that has a problem somewhere with Paypal authorized triggering the "Ready to Process" (or whatever else it's called by company) to change status and send the emailing.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts LLC
Contact Me Via Store Website
Ablecommerce Gold R11 Catalog LIVE

zorro
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by zorro » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:40 am

Has this problem with Paypal Authorization Trigger ever being resolved by Able?

We are building a site based on Able 7.07 and this problem still exists.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:37 pm

This issue came up today, and I realized that our latest Paypal patch had not been posted on the help site. You can find a patch to fix this issue here: http://help.ablecommerce.com/index.htm# ... atches.htm
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support