Performance of AC7 Under Load?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Performance of AC7 Under Load?

Post by sweeperq » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:48 am

We are in the process of migrating an existing AC 5.5 store to AC 7. We had previously launched a brand new store on the platform and were happy with how the system performed.

This time around though, I needed to make a customization to the category page. When I popped up SQL Profiler to make sure I wasn't going to kill performance, I noticed hundreds of queries being run for the category page (before I put my customizations in). It looks like it is running a query to get basic details for each product on the category page (all products within the category, not just on that page), plus product template/review/customurl queries for each product. So there are several hundred database queries per category page, several of which aren't even required to display the current pages information.

As such, I'm curious how AC7 is performing for people on higher load websites?

efficiondave
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Performance of AC7 Under Load?

Post by efficiondave » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:42 am

With makaboo.com, we don't generally have a huge load, but we've had significant extended spikes in traffic (the site has been featured on People.com and we've run Groupon's in several major markets). The site had no problem handling the increased load and there really wasn't much of a bump in server resource utilization. So, I don't think you'll see any problems.

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Performance of AC7 Under Load?

Post by RichWendrock » Thu May 12, 2011 9:39 am

At www.HillCountryCustomCycles.com, we are running over 20,000 visits per month, for the past two months. The site averages around 600-700 visitors per day with peaks of 800 visitors per day. Page views average around 3,700 per day with peaks up to 5,000. We are hosted on AbleCommerce servers and couldn't be happier. Tech support is second to none.
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634