Editor Zone: Migrating Page Template Settings

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Editor Zone: Migrating Page Template Settings

Post by sweeperq » Thu May 26, 2011 3:24 pm

We're in the process of migrating an existing site from AC 5.5 => AC 7.0.7. I set up a new instance of AC 7 on my desktop and got everything configured the way I want (customized scriptlets, controls, etc). Before moving to production, I am repeating the process on a staging server and thoroughly documenting each of the steps to make sure we have a successful migration.

I noticed that when I repeated the process on the staging server it did not maintain my layout settings for the product, category, cart, checkout, etc. I'm assuming this is in the database somewhere. Is there a way to easily migrate these settings over so I don't have to manually go through every page and do it?

Thanks,
Sam

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Editor Zone: Migrating Page Template Settings

Post by jmestep » Fri May 27, 2011 5:16 am

That is stored in the database and you will need to go to the pages and re-set them. Unless you want to try doing it in the .aspx page by changing the layout elements there.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by sweeperq » Tue May 31, 2011 6:28 am

Are the settings universal? Can I export the values from the tables and import them into the new database? Do you know which tables they reside in?

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:41 am

I don't know if exporting the data would work. It is an entry in the ac_SharedPersonalization table and the pagesettings field is binary data.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:51 am

I am not sure but I think SQL Server Management Studio provides the options to generate scripts for data inserts. You can try generating those data scripts and then using them to port data to other database.

dgoranov
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by dgoranov » Wed May 23, 2012 6:14 pm

This is an old post, but I'm posting an update in case someone needs to transfer template updates from development to production environment:

1. All custom template changes are located under : [Site Root Folder]\App_Themes\[Theme Name]\Scriptlets\Custom . Copy all files under this folder

2. Template page configuration is located in both ac_PersonalizationPaths and ac_SharedPersonalization tables

Export data from both tables using SQL Publishing Wizard. The SQL Publishing Wiz is available with VS2010 Professional and Ultimate. Connect to the database
using Server Explorer from VS2010, within server explorer right click on the database and select Publish To Provider. Follow SQL Pub. Wiz. instructions and generate
.sql script data file for both tables.

3. Connect to the production database and delete all records from both tables. Records from ac_SharedPersonalization must be deleted first.

4. Run the Insert script generated by SQL Pub. Wizard

5. Restart site Application Pool in IIS.
Dimi Goranov
Drundo Software Inc.
AbleCommerce Hosting and Management
Email: dgoranov@drundo.com
Ph: 888.464.2140