Order Number and Order ID changes

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Order Number and Order ID changes

Post by tachia » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:43 am

I need to know how I can change the Order ID, so that it can match the Order Number?

Cause:
The hosting company I was with crashed and their last backup was 3 days before the event, so I was not able to get orders for the last 3 days. To prevent the order numbers for duplicating, I changed the Next Order Number to a higher number. At the time, I didn't realize the order number/order ID would not match (which makes no sense to have two different numbers).

Problems:
Order Number and OrderID not matching
Customer are getting both an order id and order number
I'm not able to print invoices (I think this is the reason for this issue based on the original post)
I'm sure their may be other issues that have not surfaced yet because of the error.

Possible Solutions:
Change the order ID to match the order number or set both to the same number
Remove the order ID and just show the order number

Thanks in advance for any assistance with these issues.

Tachia

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: Order Number and Order ID changes

Post by tachia » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 am

Maybe it's not the order ID, but duplicate order numbers for each order.

For example, since the dhange Order Number 58163 has a different number under the ship order it's 57578. Order confirmations are the numbers listed on the ship order page (Administration > Orders > View Order #58163 > Shipments > Ship Order). So the customer is provided order number 57578 and when you search for the order, it states it does not exists. It has something to do with the crash. I just need to know where can I correct it, so only one number will be listed as the order number? Also, I believe this is causing the issues with not being able to print invoices.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Order Number and Order ID changes

Post by jmestep » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:50 am

When Able switched from using only OrderIds to using Order Numbers also, there were a few places where the display wasn't changed to use the Order Number, but I don't remember all the places. The Order Id is the number that connects all the data together, but the Order Number is what the customer should see everywhere unless they look in the Url. You would have to change the places where the Order Id is showing to use the Order Number. I think Able fixed the display in later builds.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx