Integration question

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
pcimring
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Integration question

Post by pcimring » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:53 am

Hi

We are in the process of building a complex ASP.Net 4.0 web application that will also include an e-commerce ‘Store’. Below are the features in ‘broad strokes’:

- Users will register on our site and purchase ‘tokens’ using their Credit Card. The purchase of ‘tokens’ can be a ‘once off’ payment - or a monthly subscription.
- Tokens are used to play in our on-line game (the game will be custom-developed). As users play, they accrue ‘Credits’ (virtual currency) that can be used towards an on-line purchase.
- At any time, a registered user can purchase from our ‘Store’. The system will automatically adjust the selling price for each store item by deducting the user’s existing Credits. For example, if the full price of the item is $100, and the user has 25 Credits in his balance, then the price for that user will be $75 (1 Credit = $1).
- If I purchase the above item, I will be charged:
25 Credits from my existing virtual funds
$75, using my credit card
(Please note that a standard 'Coupons' feature will not work in our scenario - for reasons that I will not go into here.)
- From the user’s perspective, the payment will occur as one seamless transaction: the user provides Credit Card details and confirms the payment - and the system deducts the necessary Credits (virtual currency) from his balance and debits his Credit Card.

--

We are looking for a customizable e-Commerce solution that will allow us to implement the above functionality. Note that the Store is only one component of the larger picture.

Some of our unique challenges / constraints are:

- We need a ‘central’ Admin Section to manage both the store and other web application settings / modules.
- We want to make use of existing ASP.Net Code - but integrate the e-commerce functionality with our custom web application.
- The code must be deploy-able to Windows Azure Cloud Service.

--

Could someone please advise if AbleCommerce is a viable approach for the above requirements?

Thanks!

PS: We are looking for an experienced developer in AbleCommerce. If you are interested, please contact us at: jobs@agileoutsourcedsolutions.com

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Integration question

Post by plugables » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:59 am

This can be customized in AbleCommerce. You should be able to use variable priced products and your custom programming logic should ensure a proper price of the product based on the users current credits or whatever other criteria you have. The 'tokens' that users purchase can be digital goods or gift-certificates in AbleCommerce.

d50guy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by d50guy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:26 am

I have an integration question related to PayPal Express Checkout.

I currently have Express Checkout integrated and working proper. However, there are no line items being passed to PayPal and therefore when the buyer lands on the PayPal Payment Page there is no cart details for the buyer to view what they are paying for. Granted they had a preview of their order on my site prior to clicking PayPal payment option, having the Line Item Details appear on the PayPal Payment Page is 'preferred' for me.

I've worked with other carts such as Magento where there is the option "Pass Line Item Details" and when selected ALL cart items including Shipping and Tax fees appear in the PayPal Payment Page. No matter how hard I've looked in the docs, throughout the forums or view the configuration interfaces, I cannot locate ANYTHING on this option. Does AbleCommerce 'NOT' support passing of Line Item Details to PayPal via API calls? If not, is there a way to modify it somewhere where it 'WILL' pass this?

Thanks!

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 am

Which version of AbleCommerce are you using? Paypal Express checkout is already integrated and works fine, as far as I know. If you let me know which version, then I can check to see if there is a known issue with line item details.

Thanks,
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support