Do you use Subscriptions in AC 7?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Do you use Subscriptions in AC 7?

Post by NC Software » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Hello AC'ers:

I'm curious how many of us are using the subscription feature of AC 7? I use it, it's a great system just like ESD for companies like mine. There is a huge flaw, in my opinion, with subscriptions and I'm wondering if anyone has solved it? I have reported this to AC several times, both in either a bug report or suggestion and in other ways, it essentially is falling on deaf ears. If you think this is an issue that needs to be addressed please let AC know so we can get it fixed. I use the latest build as of this date.

The issue is that when a subscription order is placed it does NOT account for a subscription the user is already in. Take for example of you purchase AC7 maintenance from AC for one year. Then you turn around and immediately buy another year, maybe it's on sale. The expiration will NOT compound based on the expiration of your current subscription. It always expires on the term length from the order date. In my opinion, the subscription system must check if you're already in the subscription being purchased and determine your expiration and then add to that with your new order. There should probably be a checkbox for a subscription definition that allows you to add new subscription expiration to the current expiration.

Anyways, this serves both as a heads up and a call to help get this problem fixed. I have already had issues with this where customers but additional terms while a sale was going on and I've had to determine the prior expiration and ammend the new order. Every order creates a NEW subscription instead of updating an existing one, probably part of the problem.

FYI and thank you for your feedback and assistance in getting this issue fixed.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.