Save as Draft in products

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Save as Draft in products

Post by NC Software » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:53 am

Forums have this, even yours, where you can make an edit and save a draft instead of publishing.

A big problem with have in AC 7 (one of several along this topic) is the ability to make edits and then have them reviewed and published at a later date. For example, I have web site changes I need to take effect on 1/1/2012 00:00:01 but I have no way to make this happen. I am discontinuing some products therefore having to update the descriptions of others but I can't make those edits until it's ready to go live. I'd like a feature where I can make changes and save them as a draft. A manager could review them by adding a param to the url "showdraft=1" for example.

As mentioned before too that having this edit live capability, web parts, make changes to a production site, gets our development source out of sync, out of version control, on and on. It's a bad practice your promoting. All changes should be done in development and then published to production once approved, etc. Our scriptlets get out of sync, images, etc. etc.

I would love to be able to make changes and SCHEDULE the change to go live at a date/time. I can do this with newsletters (I use Lyris Listmanager) where I create and test the newsletter and then set the date/time for it to blast out. I'd love to be able to set my site up for a holiday, product changes, new product releases, and have items publish or only show based on a schedule.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.