Unable to add particular item to Cart

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
hassonmike
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Unable to add particular item to Cart

Post by hassonmike » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:46 pm

I have one item which cannot be added to cart, when attempting to add it, it takes me to the cart, and displays text atop: "The item XXXXX is no longer available. It has been removed from the basket."

There are no options set, nor has anything been changed (intentionally) which would cause this (item is set for Public, NOT disabling purchase, ect). Then as if it couldn't get any stranger... this item has two available options, Black, or Silver. Silver works fine, but Black it the one with the trouble. None of these items are being tracked for inventory, and toggling settings toggling back, isn't getting this to work either...

Has anyone experienced anything like this? or does anyone have any ideas?

hassonmike
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: Unable to add particular item to Cart

Post by hassonmike » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 am

So i had tested this by creating a new product with all the exact settings configured, and everything works fine. The only reason we don't switch over to the new "working" one is because we will lose all the reviews and sales data associated with the item...

but having an item that cant be added to the cart doesn't do us much good either.,.

Has anyone experienced this before?

hassonmike
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by hassonmike » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 am

Ok, so if I did HAVE to create a new, identical item in order for it to be added to the cart, is there a way to migrate the reviews and/or sales data do the new product? Can i issue it the same product ID or something?

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:37 pm

The productid is assigned by the database- it is an autonumber field. You can switch the product reviews to the new productid in the database after you create the new product. Just don't delete the old one until you do that or the reviews will all be deleted.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx